No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agroturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in Central Portugal! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com
- In a stunning setting just over an hour from Lisbon, Alentejo, Portugal, A Serenada Enoturismo has luxury accommodation with commanding views over its own vineyards and cork plantations, and the surrounding hills of the Serra de Grândola. It is a truly lovely property. There is great attention to detail on display everywhere, in terms of style, decor, and of comfort. You’ll find the food and wine top quality and the service equally so. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 6 rooms and suites, all of which are plush, inviting, and luxury hotel standard, though the more spacious ‘Balcony Suite’ steals the show with what is more like a private terrace than a balcony with nice views over the vineyards. There is an infinity outdoor swimming pool in the gardens and lots of seating and lounging space too. All the rooms are B&B and the fresh buffet breakfast makes a great start to the day. You can also order further meals at any time, they will be consistently good and come well paired with a selection of their own wines. THE ESTATE: It’s a pretty large estate and lovely to wander around. They also have bikes at the property for guests to use and you can arrange picnic hampers to take with you on your travels. Wine is the main business at A Serenada of course and you can visit the wine cellars and take part in tasting sessions etc. The staff are known for their knowledge and enthusiasm and are always happy to impart the same to guests. It’s not all wine though, this being Alentejo, the world’s biggest supplier of cork, they also have many cork trees whose barks are stripped and harvested to make, amongst other things, the corks that go into the tops of your bottle of wine. They keep bees on the estate too and collect and package the honey they supply. THE LOCATION: As mentioned the hotel is conveniently near Lisbon, just over an hour to the south. It’s a secluded, very rural, spot in the Serra de Grândola, but is close to some beautiful coastline and, to at least two, great beaches – Praia READ MORE
- Agroturismo Herdade do Amarelo Nature & Spa is a luxury B&B farm stay in Alentejo, Portugal, within the Vincentian Coast Natural Park. It’s about 7km from the well known village of Vila Nova de Milfontes, 10km from the town of São Luís, and about 200km from Lisbon. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms are luxurious and spacious and all come with a private entrance and terrace, a flat screen TV, WiFi and a minibar, and some of the larger rooms also have a private hot tub. Herdade do Amarelo also has a Spa and Wellness centre. There’s an outdoor gym, a salt water swimming pool and a jacuzzi and they have a range of massage services available all day. You’ll find a nice range of good homemade food and wine here too; they have a great buffet breakfast in the morning and various snacks, light meals and drinks are available throughout the day. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: It’s a working farm with cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, hens, vegetable gardens, olive trees, and vineyards, all of which are organic. Guests are welcome to explore the farm and take part in activities such as looking after the animals and picking olives and grapes etc. You can also learn a little about the production of olive oil and wine and join some tasting sessions. THE LOCATION: The surroundings; the Vincentine Coast Natural Park is great for exploring and you’re never far away from some of Alentejo’s best beaches. You can hire bikes for free from the farm, the staff are always ready to provide good advice about the many cycling and hiking routes nearby and they can arrange horse riding and canoeing trips amongst others. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The relaxing atmosphere. The full body massage was incredible!…” “We simply love absolutely everything about Herdade do Amarelo Nature & Spa from the people working there to the amazing romantic atmosphere and breathtaking views….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT HERDADE DO AMARELO: READ MORE
- Very near Coimbra, the 5-star Quinta das Lagrimas is part agroturismo, part Royal Palace and part luxury spa hotel, and had been a quiet sanctuary for Kings and Emperors for centuries, before recently opening its doors to paying guests. It is also the place where one of Portugal’s most infamous love stories took place; the story of Pedro & Inês. This was the XIVth-century love affair between Prince Pedro and Inês de Castro which lurched, as they all do, from deep romance to deep tragedy when Inês was murdered on the orders of King Alfonso, Pedro’s father. This famous story inspired the name of the property; Quinta das Lagrimas/The Estate of Tears, and these days it offers superb luxury in a setting that is uniquely atmospheric and compelling. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a great choice of B&B rooms and suites, ranging from more standard doubles to superb, top-of-the-range, suites. Even the most ‘basic’ of rooms though are lovingly styled and come with a real touch of class. It is a five-star hotel and you can expect the best in comfort and facilities but Quinta das Lagrimas differs in that it is a grand, stately property with a romantic, cultured, air that is impossible to find in more modern hotels. It is a joy to just wander around and soak in the atmosphere. Add to that the extensive botanical gardens outside with so many rare plant species from around the world, the excellent spa facilities, the indoor and outdoor swimming pools, the nine-hole on-site golf course, and the two award-winning gourmet restaurants, and you really have a break to remember. The seasonal restaurants serve up organic food that is locally sourced as much as possible, ‘ Market Cuisine’ they like to call it here, but with much of the herbs, vegetables, and fruits being sourced even closer, on the grounds themselves, picked fresh from the organic ‘Chef’s Garden’. THE LOCATION: Quinta das Lagrimas is just outside the charming university city of Coimbra, in the centre north of Portugal, roughly half way between Lisbon and Porto. Coimbra was once Portugal’s capital and has an enormous wealth of medieval history, including Quinta das Lagrimas itself READ MORE
- About two hours from Lisbon in the beautifully picturesque Serra de São Mamede National Park, Alentejo, Portugal, Quinta das Lavandas is a charming farm stay set on a lavender farm that also has a small orchard and an olive grove. THE ACCOMMODATION: The building itself has been designed and furnished in a tastefully colourful, modernist style. Its seven B&B rooms are comfortable and clean, with private bathroom, flat screen TV, and WiFi, and some come with a terrace or balcony. There’s a nice lounge and dining area as well, and outside a sun terrace and swimming pool and you’ll find kids will be well entertained with various games to play and a small playground. THE FARM: The main activity on the farm is the production of Lavender, they use over 100 varieties of lavender to make various essential oils on the property and you’ll find the friendly, enthusiastic owners a great source of information about the whole process. They grow a variety of fruits and vegetables too, as well as produce their own olive oil. THE LOCATION: The area surrounding the farm also has much to offer; the Serra de São Mamede Park is an unexpectedly wild mountain area in the otherwise flatlands of Alentejo and has some great hiking and rock climbing almost right on the doorstep of the farm stay. Slightly farther there are many classic northern Alentejo villages also to be explored; Castelo de Vide for example, and Portalegre, or the iconic hilltop village of Marvão. If you need you can hire bikes direct from the farm owners, but the area is quite hilly so be prepared! WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful location, exceptionally friendly and helpful owners. Perfect location for walking and exploring historic hilltop towns. Easy access to town with restaurants and bars….” “Wonderful experience, exceeded our expectations…..” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT QUINTA DAS LAVANDAS: READ MORE
- Herdade dos Grous, near Beja, Alentejo, Portugal, is a 5 Star luxury hotel on a 1700-acre organic farm estate that produces award-winning wine and olive oil and has an outdoor swimming pool in the extensive gardens, and an artificial lake on the farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of top-class suites and rooms, all of them with private bathroom, minibar, WiFi, and satellite TV, plus the suites have a spacious seating area with an open fireplace. There is a high-quality restaurant and bar on site which serves the finest local food plus all of their own award-winning wines, and a snack bar open throughout the day. Or guests can entertain themselves by playing tennis on the estate’s courts, playing billiards, table tennis, or going for a swim in the pool followed maybe by a visit to their sauna where massages are available for an extra fee. THE FARM: This huge estate has a fully working farm, breeding Alentejo cattle, merino sheep, and of course horses. They provide horse riding lessons and guided trails around the estate and the surrounding countryside, which you can also tour by bike with bike rental available at the hotel. They have extensive vineyards and olive groves too, that allow them to produce their own Herdade dos Grous award-winning branded wines and olive oil. Guests are welcome to tour the estate and the winery and to take a look at the production of the wine and olive oil, along with tasting sessions of both. Much of their produce goes into their wonderful meals and you can also buy some to take home from their on-site farm shop. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is just south of Beja in the centre of Portugal’s Alentejo region. Alentejo is the country’s undoubted rural heartland and is particularly famous for its cork and wine. The cork trees here actually produce half of the world’s supply and its wines though still not completely mainstream are growing in popularity, and its wine tourism industry has also been developing quite rapidly in recent years, with the help of estates like Herdade dos Grous. The region is not on the mainstream tourist trail, READ MORE
- Quinta da Tapada Agroturismo has self-catering accommodation in a lovely traditional farmhouse near the old city of Evora, and the medieval village of Evoramonte, Alentejo, Portugal. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have studio, and one and two double-bedroom cottages, all of which are modern and clean with a lounge and kitchenette, and come with air-con, flat screen TV, and WiFi. The studio has one double bed, as has the one-bedroom unit but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge of the one-bed unit which can fit one more person. The accommodation is self-catering but also included in the price is a great buffet breakfast every morning full of fresh local produce some of it from their own farm. Outside there is a terrace area and extensive gardens where you’ll find beautifully tended lawns, ancient olive trees, a swimming pool, and barbecue facilities. And there’s the farm too of course which you’re welcome to have a look around, with sheep, goats, pigs, and hens, and a range of fruits, herbs, and vegetables. Note: there is a minimum stay of two nights. THE LOCATION: The small, typically Alentejo, town of of Vimieiro is just down the road, about ten minutes walk away or less than two minutes drive. There you can find a supermarket, a few small shops, and nice restaurants and cafes. The land is flat in these parts and great for long walks, or for cycling and you can hire bikes for free at the farmhouse. Farther afield there is the medieval village of Evoramonte just 13km away and the famously beautiful and historic city of Évora 40km away. There you can marvel at its UNESCO-protected historic centre and its many highlights such as the Roman-era Temple of Diana and the 12th-century Gothic Cathedral the Sé de Évora. Lisbon, and its international airport, is around an hour away directly to the west, and transfers to and from the farm stay can be arranged. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We absolutely loved our stay. The houses are traditional Alentejo style homes surrounded by beautiful scenery. Our room was more like a little apartment as it had its own kitchenette. The staff was incredibly READ MORE
- On a cork farm in Portugal‘s Alentejo region, just a few kilometers from the border with Spain, Herdade da Negrita Agroturismo is a peaceful farm escape with B&B and self-catering accommodation. Surrounding it is the 3500 hectares of farm that not only contains a huge amount of cork trees but also cattle, pigs, barley, oats, wheat, and olives. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation is tastefully decorated in rustic style in keeping with the low-key, rustic atmosphere of the place. The B&B rooms are all super comfortable, with air conditioning, TV, study desk, and private bathrooms, and there is plenty of space around the cottages and the gardens to walk around or lounge around. There’s an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens and an indoor lounge area which includes a billiards table, and a large terrace with lots of seating space. Their self-catering accommodation is in separate, 5 and 6-bedroom, cottages that are spacious, stylish, and comfortable, with their own kitchen, lounge area, and terrace, and guests there can also make use of the facilities at the main farmhouse should they need. THE FARM: The huge farm is open for guests to explore themselves, or with a guided tour, and they can learn a lot about looking after farm animals and the production of cereals, olives, and of course the world-famous Alentejo cork. THE LOCATION: The surrounding area too is beautifully remote and peaceful and is great for a long meandering walk or cycle. The farm owners are always ready to give advice about what to see and do in the local area and can help organise fishing trips and canoeing around the local rivers. The nearest city to Herdade da Negrita Agroturismo would be Moura, about 40 km away, the city of Beja is 80km, while Evora, the capital of the Alentejo region, is just over 100km to the north west. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything extraordinary. Perfect for resting and being away from the world. Very quiet setting, beautifully decorated. Extremely clean and neat. Great breakfast. Very cozy space, we felt at home. I strongly recommend. We will definitely return….” “The remoteness of this place is fantastic and it has READ MORE