No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in Eastern France! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Kimaro Farm, near Colmery has luxury glamping safari tents, for up to six people, hidden away in some of Burgundy, France’s loveliest countryside. The tents are spacious and well equipped, and all come with a small kitchen, bathroom and heating. The farmland around is completely idyllic; with woodland, meadow fields and orchards where a great assortment of things are grown; pears, plums, cherries, grapes, figs, hazelnuts, blackberries, raspberries and more. Guests can collect fresh eggs from the hen house for breakfast every morning and spend their days wandering through the meadows and the forests or just lazing with a picnic by the lake. THE ACCOMMODATION: In the meadow fields with plenty of privacy are the wooden framed, colonial style, safari tents. They have one four poster double bed, one standard double bed, two bunk beds, seating, a kitchen and dining table, a bathroom, and heating in the form of a gas stove. There is also a romantic old style claw foot bathtub in the tent and outside there is a swinging couch on the private veranda which also has space for lounging and dining. As mentioned, the accommodation has a kitchen and so is self catering but if you want to really relax, the friendly owners can sometimes cook meals for you, and can also recommend some good local restaurants and cafes. In peak season, i.e. July & August, there is a minimum stay of seven nights (Saturday to Saturday) with a minimum stay of 2 nights the rest of the year. THE LOCATION: Just outside the little town of Colmery in the Nièvre department of Burgundy, Kimaro is as idyllically peaceful and rural a place as you can ever imagine. There is much farmland around here, and vineyards too of course, but also much woodland. Burgundy in general is one of the most highly wooded regions in the country with an estimated 30% of its area covered in trees. Thus it has a slightly wilder feel than most of France’s other agricultural regions, and is also very rich in native wildlife. There is a large forest just beside the farm in fact with hiking trails running through it and much READ MORE
- Surrounded by beautiful woodland and wine groves, Les Hauts De Chenas has B&B rooms on a working vineyard near Lyon in the heart of the Beaujolais/Burgundy region of Rhone-Alpes, France. It has an on-site winery for its highly rated red Chenas wines, a small wine museum, and its own restaurant which serves some great local food throughout the day. The rooms are spacious and bright with en-suite bathrooms, TV and WiFi, and minibars, with some of the larger rooms having a seating area too. There’s plenty of space outside too with a terrace and large gardens with beautiful views, a swimming pool, a children’s playground as well as a hot tub/jacuzzi. Beaujolais is world-famous wine country and the helpful owners of Les Haut de Chenas will be happy to advise on where to go and what to see in the surrounding area. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! Really can’t fault this lovely place. The location on the hill above the village with views of the vineyards and the valley is superb….” “The welcome, the people, the terrific views, the general friendly atmosphere, the splendid wine made by the proprietor….” >> READ MORE REVIEWS & BOOK YOUR STAY AT LES HAUTS DE CHENAS: READ MORE
- In the heart of the Alsace Wine Route, Domaine du Haras de Saint-Pierre has a nice self catering apartment to sleep up to five on its horse farm/equestrian center. The location is great, within walking distance of the village of Saint Pierre, and surrounded by lots of those classic Alsatian vineyards. THE ACCOMMODATION: The apartment has two bedrooms; one with a double bed and the other with one double and one single. There is a nice, well equipped kitchen and a spacious lounge with a comfortable sofa and a dining area. If the weather’s good you also dine on the outdoor terrace overlooking the gardens which also have sun loungers, seating and a small children’s playground. Fresh organic food can be bought from the farm shop down the road and you’ll find some shops within walking distance in the little village of Saint Pierre. You’ll be left to your own devices here with the main activity at Domaine du Haras de Saint-Pierre being of course horse-riding. It’s a professional equestrian center with a great reputation in the region and guests are welcome to take part in all sorts of horse related activities, riding lessons, horse and pony tours, horse drawn carriage rides etc. You are in the heart of the Alsace Wine Route here and you can wander around on foot or on horseback some of the local vineyards. Wine tours and tasting sessions etc. can also be arranged. THE LOCATION: Domaine du Haras de Saint-Pierre is beside the village of Saint-Pierre, Alsace, 3km from the A35 motorway and 10 km from the lovely town of Obernai, famous for producing some of the best beer and wine in France. The A35 leads north to Strasbourg and south to Colmar, the journey to each being around 20 minutes. As mentioned above this is the Alsace Wine Route and many local vineyards are open to the public, with a huge amount of wine related activities to be enjoyed. It’s also just a lovely area to drive around, with rolling green hills, pretty villages and medieval chateaux in every direction. Another notable and pretty unusual sight in the area is the Monkey Mountain, READ MORE
- For something a little different, what about staying in a caravan on an ostrich farm? At Les Roulottes de la Ferme de l’Autruche Dromoise you can do just that! This unusual but very enjoyable farmstay is in Livron-sur-Drôme, 14 km from Valence in the South of the Rhone Alpes region, not far from Provence. Their very clean and comfortable caravans come with private bathroom, kitchenette, a seating area inside and out, a flat-screen TV and WiFi. The farm has a nice outdoor swimming pool and the surrounding area is great for exploring with cycling, horse riding and fishing all to be enjoyed nearby. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The place is beautiful, it’s really nice to wake up, open the door and see the ostriches….” “The caravan is really cute! And the place, as the animals, really well cared for….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FERME DE L’AUTRUCHE DROMOISE: READ MORE
- La Ferme d’Angèle is a completely enchanting rural retreat near the village of Séez in the French Alps, and within driving distance of Lyon, Chambery, Chamonix and Mt. Blanc. The accommodation is in a renovated 19th century alpine style farmhouse that has a uniquely cosy, almost fairytale like atmosphere, and though not a working farm anymore it is surrounded by some gorgeously rural countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have six rooms to sleep from two to four people and all are decorated in that beautifully rustic style that typifies the whole property. Downstairs there is a dining area, a library, a TV room and a lounge with a large open fire and a piano. Outside you’ll find a large terrace with an outdoor dining area plus a lovely garden with hammocks and seating and an array of plants and flowers. They also have a traditional wood fired hot tub at the property. The accommodation is B&B and the breakfast is generous and full of good fresh produce. You’ll find the owners friendly and hospitable and they are fine cooks, so make sure to order some of their evening meals and sample some of their large collection of wines. You can also try some of their home made herbal teas and liqueurs and they are always happy to cater to dietary restrictions. THE LOCATION: La Ferme d’Angele is just three kilometers from Séez village centre, with the nearest train station being at Bourg-Saint-Maurice about 7km away (You can arrange a free shuttle service to and from the farmhouse just let them know before arrival). The scenery around here is glorious, and the views from the property are stunning in winter or summer. This being the French Alps after all skiing is a big activity in the surrounding area and La Ferme d’Angele makes a good base. It is near to the funicular to Les Arcs for example with La Roserie also being close by (about 10 mins drive up the hill). Val d’Isere and Tignes can also be reached in just over a half an hour and Val Thorens in about an hour. In summer time you have some of Europe’s best hiking READ MORE
- Kimaro, near Colmery, is a gorgeously rustic little farmhouse hidden away in some of Burgundy, France’s loveliest countryside. The self catering cottage date back to the 19th century and though it is been fully renovated and very well equipped, it still oozes old style charm, and is tastefully and stylishly furnished throughout. The farmland around is idyllic; with woodland, meadow fields and orchards where a great assortment of things are grown; pears, plums, cherries, grapes, figs, hazelnuts, blackberries, raspberries and more. Guests can collect fresh eggs from the hen house for breakfast every morning and spend their days wandering through the meadows and the forests or just lazing with a picnic by the lake. THE ACCOMMODATION: The cottage is self catering and can sleep up to four over 2 bedrooms. The main bedroom has a double bed, with the second having a pair of bunk beds. Babies/very small children can also be accommodated with an extra cot. It also has a bathroom with shower, a separate toilet, a well furnished kitchen, and a cosy lounge and dining area with a traditional wood heater. Outside there is a grapevine covered terrace with some lovely views over the gorgeously peaceful countryside that surrounds. As mentioned, the accommodation is self catering but if you want to really relax, the friendly owners can sometimes cook meals for you, and can also recommend some good local restaurants and cafes. In peak season, i.e. July & August, there is a minimum stay of seven nights (Saturday to Saturday) with a minimum stay of 2 nights the rest of the year. THE LOCATION: Just outside the little town of Colmery in the Nièvre department of Burgundy, Kimaro is as idyllically peaceful and rural a place as you can ever imagine. There is much farmland around here, and vineyards too of course, but also much woodland. Burgundy in general is one of the most highly wooded regions in the country with an estimated 30% of its area covered in trees. Thus it has a slightly wilder feel than most of France’s other agricultural regions, and is also very rich in native wildlife. There is a large forest just READ MORE
- Le Clos du Grand Bois, Burgundy, offers quirky glamping accommodation on its extensive vineyard and cattle farm near the village of Lugny, also known as the little capital of the upper Macon area (the town of Macon itself, the real capital, is 20km away). The ‘rooms’ are in the form of wine bottle inspired cabins that can sleep up to four people, cosily, but surprisingly comfortably. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have five ‘barrels’ in total, all of them identical, beside the main farmhouse. As mentioned they can sleep up to four, on one double bed and two singles, and though the beds are very comfortable early risers may want to take any indulgent morning leg stretching routines to the little terrace outside. There are communal bathrooms and showers etc. at the farmhouse, all of them clean and modern plus there are communal spaces there too, a lounge area with a pool table and table football, and the dining room where you will be treated to a fine breakfast every morning in the company of the other guests. The atmosphere here is friendly and warm, mainly thanks to the hosts enthusiasm for their guests and for their wine making craft. Educational vineyard and cellar tours are offered along with wine tasting. The owners, the Lafarge family, are one of the oldest families in the area and have been producing Burgundy wines since the 17th century, so they know a great deal about wine, and about the history of wine in this, one of the world’s premier wine producing regions. Their wines you of course are welcome to sample, and to buy, at any time, and you can also arrange full home cooked meals to accompany them at the farmhouse alongside the other guests, just try and give the hosts at least a days notice if you’d like to join. The cooking is traditional Burgundy fare using quality local ingredients as much as possible. You can wander around the farm and vineyards yourself too and take in the peace and quiet, or head off into the nearby little village of Lughy or the ancient woodlands that surround. THE LOCATION: Lugny is but a small READ MORE
- Situated in the famous wine region of Côte des Nuits, Burgundy, France, Castel de Très Girard is a 17th-century manor house offering luxury accommodation in Morey-Saint-Denis surrounded by vineyards. THE ACCOMMODATION: The soundproofed rooms include a flat-screen TV, minibar, electric kettle, and safety deposit box. Each room features a private bathroom with a bath or shower and free toiletries. Guests can enjoy meals in the hotel’s restaurant which offers views of the surrounding vineyards. Meals are prepared using local produce and a wide selection of wines are available. Additional facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and a seminar room. THE LOCATION: Local activities include horse riding and visiting the surrounding vineyards. Nearby attractions include the Château du Clos de Vougeot 3 km away and the Abbey of Cîteaux 16 km away. Castel de Très Girard is situated between the historic towns of Beaune and Dijon which are both 25 minutes drive from the hotel. The closest train station is Dijon Train Station. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A gourmet delight…..” “Beautiful setting and views, the interior was a nice blend of boutique and rural style….” >> READ MORE REVIEWS & BOOK YOUR STAY AT CASTEL DE TRES GIRARD READ MORE
- Conveniently between Paris and Dijon, France, the child friendly Ferme de Flo has B&B accommodation on its busy little animal rescue farm which hosts a huge amount of animals; pigs, ponies, goats, hens, ducks and more, most of which had been abandoned by their previous owners but then found a loving home here. It’s sure to be a hit with the kids as they can have plenty of interaction with the animals but adults too will appreciate the comfortable accommodation, friendly hosts and the educational farm workshops and tours where you can learn about such things as sustainable agriculture, bread making and even how to drive a tractor. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have four B&B guest rooms, all with private bathroom, in the farmhouse as well as a very pleasant self catering cottage with one double/twin bed, three singles and one futon bed to sleep one or two more. All of the accommodation is clean and well maintained and the homemade breakfast is excellent. Guests in the self catering cottage can also enjoy the breakfast but for an extra charge and they can buy all sorts of locally produced food products at the on site shop for cooking with later. The main attraction at La Ferme de Flo are the animals. Over two hundred in total many of them had been abandoned by their owners and then rescued by the farm. They are all very friendly and well used to visitors and guests can partake in farm tasks as much as they like as well as learn a little about farming and taking care of animals. THE LOCATION: The farm is in the little village of Evry, between Paris and Dijon, on the north western edge of Burgundy, less than 100km from Paris and around 200 from Dijon. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Such a lovely and interesting place to stay. We really enjoyed our stay, lovely accommodation, very friendly, and best of all a tour of the farm which was great for the kids and very interesting. I would recommend Ferme de Flo 100%….” “It is really comfortable, spacious, the host is very friendly and warm, the breakfast is super. My READ MORE