No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agriturismo farm stays, vineyard hotels & rural retreats near Lyon, France! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com
- Le Clos du Grand Bois, Burgundy, offers quirky glamping accommodation on its extensive vineyard and cattle farm near the village of Lugny, also known as the little capital of the upper Macon area (the town of Macon itself, the real capital, is 20km away). The ‘rooms’ are in the form of wine bottle inspired cabins that can sleep up to four people, cosily, but surprisingly comfortably. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have five ‘barrels’ in total, all of them identical, beside the main farmhouse. As mentioned they can sleep up to four, on one double bed and two singles, and though the beds are very comfortable early risers may want to take any indulgent morning leg stretching routines to the little terrace outside. There are communal bathrooms and showers etc. at the farmhouse, all of them clean and modern plus there are communal spaces there too, a lounge area with a pool table and table football, and the dining room where you will be treated to a fine breakfast every morning in the company of the other guests. The atmosphere here is friendly and warm, mainly thanks to the hosts enthusiasm for their guests and for their wine making craft. Educational vineyard and cellar tours are offered along with wine tasting. The owners, the Lafarge family, are one of the oldest families in the area and have been producing Burgundy wines since the 17th century, so they know a great deal about wine, and about the history of wine in this, one of the world’s premier wine producing regions. Their wines you of course are welcome to sample, and to buy, at any time, and you can also arrange full home cooked meals to accompany them at the farmhouse alongside the other guests, just try and give the hosts at least a days notice if you’d like to join. The cooking is traditional Burgundy fare using quality local ingredients as much as possible. You can wander around the farm and vineyards yourself too and take in the peace and quiet, or head off into the nearby little village of Lughy or the ancient woodlands that surround. THE LOCATION: Lugny is but a small READ MORE
- Very near Vichy in the rich green farming countryside of Auvergne, France, this peaceful farmhouse has spacious, nicely decorated double rooms with private bathroom, WiFi and continental breakfast each morning. The friendly hosts are good cooks and you can arrange for them to cook you evening meals too, using the best local produce including many vegetables grown in their own gardens. Le Manoir de Presle gets great reviews for many things but especially for the hospitality of the hosts, and the peaceful, relaxing nature of the property. It’s a great place to rewind, and to recharge, and the surrounding area is fantastic for cycling and hiking, with the lovely Boire des Carres Nature Reserve just over 20km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Absolutely fantastic! Great hosts, location and accommodation. We felt at home immediately and our two day stay felt as though we’d been there longer….” “The views are amazing and the area is extremely quiet so that it is possible to relax….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LE MANOIR DE PRESLE: READ MORE
- For something a little different, what about staying in a caravan on an ostrich farm? At Les Roulottes de la Ferme de l’Autruche Dromoise you can do just that! This unusual but very enjoyable farmstay is in Livron-sur-Drôme, 14 km from Valence in the South of the Rhone Alpes region, not far from Provence. Their very clean and comfortable caravans come with private bathroom, kitchenette, a seating area inside and out, a flat-screen TV and WiFi. The farm has a nice outdoor swimming pool and the surrounding area is great for exploring with cycling, horse riding and fishing all to be enjoyed nearby. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The place is beautiful, it’s really nice to wake up, open the door and see the ostriches….” “The caravan is really cute! And the place, as the animals, really well cared for….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FERME DE L’AUTRUCHE DROMOISE: READ MORE
- Near to St. Etienne and among the high plains of Haute-Loire, Auvergne France, this unusual farmstay has very cute self-catering accommodation for up to four people in wooden caravans, surrounded by vegetable gardens and a small working farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: The caravans are more comfortable than you might imagine and they come with a kitchen, a dining area and each has their own private bathroom and shower. You can also order meals from the farmhouse; The owners are excellent cooks and and have a range of local specialities that you can try, and if you want to cook some yourself they can even offer free cooking lessons! THE FARM: The small farm has a number of dairy cows and ducks and grows potatoes and a number of other vegetables. There is also a playground on the farm and games for kids to play. And they will also entertain themselves by meeting some of the animals. THE LOCATION: Chomelix is in the Haute-Loire, Auvergne department (now amalgamated to form Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes), high on the Massif Central, traditionally thought of as France’s most isolated and poor region. Much of the area is around 1,000 meters above sea level and it can get snowbound frequently in winter. Still though it can be a truly gorgeous place for nature lovers; with wild and mysterious stretches full of dark forests and rocky hills. Chomelix itself is a slight step away from much of the barrenness of the Massif Central, and is a nice, unassuming little village, surrounded by farmland and forested hills, and has a gentle, relaxed pace of life. It sits at the edge of the Livradois-Forez National Park though and so you’ll find plenty of hiking in wild scenery, and it’s also not far from the spectacular Volcans d’Auvergne Park. The village itself wouldn’t be much visited by tourists but others in the area are: The main regional town Le Puy-en-Velay is a spectacular sight with its theatrical conical hills, and about 30 km away from the farmstay. Allegre, nearer still at about 10 km away is a pretty town with much history and has a nice position on the slopes of the Baury Volcano. READ MORE
- Surrounded by beautiful woodland and wine groves, Les Hauts De Chenas has B&B rooms on a working vineyard near Lyon in the heart of the Beaujolais/Burgundy region of Rhone-Alpes, France. It has an on-site winery for its highly rated red chenas wines, a small wine museum and its own restaurant which serves some great local food throughout the day. The rooms are spacious and bright with en-suite bathroom, TV and WiFi and a minibar, with some of the larger rooms having a seating area too. There’s plenty of space outside too with a terrace and large gardens leading on to the vineyards which contain a very cute children’ s playground as well as a hot tub/jacuzzi. Beaujolais is world famous wine country and the helpful owners of Les Haut de Chenas will be happy to advise on where to go and what to see in the surrounding area. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! Really can’t fault this lovely place. The location on the hill above the village with views of the vineyards and the valley is superb….” “The welcome, the people, the terrific views, the general friendly atmosphere, the splendid wine made by the proprietor….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LES HAUTS DE CHENAS: READ MORE
- La Ferme d’Angèle is a completely enchanting rural retreat near the village of Séez in the French Alps, and within driving distance of Lyon, Chambery, Chamonix and Mt. Blanc. The accommodation is in a renovated 19th century alpine style farmhouse that has a uniquely cosy, almost fairytale like atmosphere, and though not a working farm anymore it is surrounded by some gorgeously rural countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have six rooms to sleep from two to four people and all are decorated in that beautifully rustic style that typifies the whole property. Downstairs there is a dining area, a library, a TV room and a lounge with a large open fire and a piano. Outside you’ll find a large terrace with an outdoor dining area plus a lovely garden with hammocks and seating and an array of plants and flowers. They also have a traditional wood fired hot tub at the property. The accommodation is B&B and the breakfast is generous and full of good fresh produce. You’ll find the owners friendly and hospitable and they are fine cooks, so make sure to order some of their evening meals and sample some of their large collection of wines. You can also try some of their home made herbal teas and liqueurs and they are always happy to cater to dietary restrictions. THE LOCATION: La Ferme d’Angele is just three kilometers from Séez village centre, with the nearest train station being at Bourg-Saint-Maurice about 7km away (You can arrange a free shuttle service to and from the farmhouse just let them know before arrival). The scenery around here is glorious, and the views from the property are stunning in winter or summer. This being the French Alps after all skiing is a big activity in the surrounding area and La Ferme d’Angele makes a good base. It is near to the funicular to Les Arcs for example with La Roserie also being close by (about 10 mins drive up the hill). Val d’Isere and Tignes can also be reached in just over a half an hour and Val Thorens in about an hour. In summer time you have some of Europe’s best hiking READ MORE