No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best farm stays & rural retreats near Kangaroo Valley, NSW. All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Heggy’s Farm Cottage near to both Kangaroo Valley & Berry, NSW, is a gorgeous rural retreat on a hilltop overlooking the typically green hills that are a classic feature of this part of rural NSW. The cottage itself is quaint, charming and very well appointed, but it comes second to its fabulous surroundings; the beautifully tended gardens, the farm and bushland, and the lovely views all around. THE ACCOMMODATION: The homely little cottage can sleep a maximum of two, and is fully self catering and fully private. There is a fully equipped kitchen, a lounge area and one double bedroom and bathroom. Though modern, super clean and comfortable, the cottage, quiet refreshingly, doesn’t have any WiFi or TV; it is a place to switch off, though it does have a radio! You can choose to have as much or as little interaction with the friendly farm owners as you like. The farm itself is a fully working farm, with cattle, hens and honey bees. It has won awards for some of its food, with its home spun honey, jams and chutneys, being especially popular. To try some for yourself you will be offered a great, complimentary, gourmet breakfast basket to start the day with which includes fresh homemade bread and farm eggs, and of course their famous honey. You can also of course welcome to buy some of the farm produce to take home. The farm and the bushland that surrounds is lovely to wander around and has various walking trails that can be explored, and guests will also have facilities like the swimming pool and tennis courts at their disposal. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Near the famous Kangaroo Valley and to the town of Berry, NSW, the farm stay is a great base for exploring both. For those not familiar with the area you can read all about it here, but to sum up; this very lovely and very fertile part of rural NSW has long been famous for its rich agricultural tradition, then graduated into being equally famous for various forms of nature and READ MORE
- The eco-friendly Crystal Creek Meadows has four very private, luxury guest cottages on their small farm in the midst of some typically gorgeous Kangaroo Valley countryside, just 3km from Kangaroo Valley village itself. It’s very much a place to relax and recuperate and guests can treat themselves to yoga classes and various day spa and massage packages in the privacy of their cottage or in a secluded spot in the grounds. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice between the one double bedroom cottages; the Billabong and the Jolly Jumbuck, and the two double bedroom; the Fleur Farm and Rose Garden. Check them out on the booking page here. All are spacious and super clean and comfortable with King and Queen size beds and particularly plush bathrooms with free standing bathtubs and stocked with the owners’s own organic, handmade aromatherapy products. Other facilities include WiFi, satellite TV & DVD, cosy log fires and top of the range kitchens. The accommodation is self catering but you can enjoy a generous deluxe breakfast hamper in the mornings supplied by the farm owners, which include some free range farm eggs, home-baked scones and a range of herbal teas. Evening meals too can be arranged with a little advanced notice and if cooking your own you can feel free to pick some of the ingredients; organic fruit, vegetables and herbs straight from the gardens. You can while away the time at Crystal Creek just relaxing and detoxing from the city, but you can also go wildlife spotting, fruit or flower picking, picnicking or night time star gazing. If you want to tour further afield, around the enchanting Kangaroo Valley, you can borrow one of the farm’s bikes. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Kangaroo Valley village is just 3km away from the farm and so you are very central to all that the Valley has to offer. There is much to do and see in the surrounding area, much of it food and wine based, but lots of outdoor sports, hot air ballooning, boat trips and the like can be arranged too. READ MORE
- The Heavens offers luxury cottages with spa baths on its own 160 acre, blissfully peaceful, slice of Kangaroo Valley countryside. It is very much a place to relax and completely unwind, and can make a tempting romantic getaway from Sydney, though it also happily caters for families too. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are two one-bedroom and one two-bedroom cottages to choose from. All are spacious and fully contained with top of the range kitchen facilities, lounge with satellite TV, comfortable beds and spa baths/jacuzzis in the bathrooms. They all offer plenty of privacy and solitude and, from the verandah outside, you have lovely views over the surrounding farmland, and your own barbecue facilities. Check out all the options on the booking page here. The cottages overlook the farm where you’ll find alpacas, goats, pigs, hens, ducks and guinea fowl as well as a huge amount of the wildlife that Kangaroo Valley is famous for; kangaroos of course, plus wallaroos, wombats, wallabies, echidnas and plenty more. Guests are welcome to stroll around the farm and meet some of the animals go hiking around the bush or treat themselves to a massage package from their on-call professional masseuses. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: The Heavens is just 6km from Kangaroo Valley town and the whole area has loads to offer the outdoors types; horse riding, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, rock climbing, fishing etc., and the scenery is, famously, simply gorgeous all around. Kangaroo Valley has plenty to offer food and wine lovers too. There are quite a few wineries which offer wine tours in the surrounding area and some lovely small towns with plenty of food culture, farmers markets etc. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Refreshing, relaxing, romantic, just perfect for what we needed. Thank you. The complete experience was exceptional, the walks, the room, the view, the service and the perfect place to feel away from home and be self isolated. My partner ended up having emergency dental surgery and the owners checked in to see how the patient was doing. Would have stayed longer if we could but READ MORE
- Minimbah is a lovely, very family friendly, Kangaroo Valley retreat with three spacious self catering cottages on its 150 acre working farm, which is surrounded by rainforest and has a number of friendly animals including cows, goats, alpacas, sheep and hens. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is one 6 bedroom cottage, one three bedroom and one two bedroom cottage to choose from. All of which are spacious, comfortable and well equipped, and with the help of some sofa beds and bunk beds have a maximum occupancy of 16, 11 and 8 respectively. Check them all out on the booking page here. They lie on one side of the farm, roughly 80 metres from each other, but are nicely set to ensure enough privacy for each. There is much to see and do around the farm, especially, but certainly not exclusively, for kids, though they do have a ‘kid’s fort’ playground with plenty of fun games to keep them occupied. Guests are free to wander the farm as they please and help feed the friendly alpacas and goats, collect eggs, paddle in the creek, have a picnic or go wildlife spotting where, with a bit of patience, you can see a remarkable amount of wildlife; kookaburras, lyre birds, wedge tailed eagles, echidnas, kangaroos, wombats and more. Note: there is no WiFi. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Minimbah Farm is just a kilometre and a half from the quaint Kangaroo Valley village, which makes for a pleasant walk through some lovely verdant countryside. There you’ll find some nice cafes, restaurants and shops and from where you can organize all sorts of the outdoor activities which are a typical feature of a holiday in Kangaroo Valley; boat trips down the river, hot air ballooning, horse riding, visits to wineries etc. You are also close to NSW’s south coast and some great beaches, with Shoalhaven Heads (half an hour) and Jervis Bay (one hour) within driving distance. The journey from Sydney should take less than two hours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Our kids, ages ranging from 2-7 had the most amazing time READ MORE
- This peaceful, friendly farm stay near Sydney NSW, overlooks the Kangaroo Valley and has lodge style accommodation on a working horse & cattle farm with some really gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside. Horse riding is a big feature at the farmstay; you can arrange lessons and trail rides that are among Australia‘s most beautiful, into the Morton National Park right next door for example, through rainforests and even right up to the top of Mt. Moollootoo. Kids too can enjoy a ride on one of their ponies. THE ACCOMMODATION: The self catering accommodation is in the form of old style timber lodges; the bigger lodge can accommodate up to eight people, with two separate double bedrooms and four single bunk beds in the lounge area. There are also two bathrooms, a fully equipped open plan kitchen and lounge with an open log fire, and there’s a barbecue area just outside the door. The smaller mini lodge has an open plan lounge & kitchen, bathroom and a mezzanine level above with a queen size bed. The sofa in the lounge area also opens out into a double bed so it can a fit a total of four people. There’s a barbecue area just outside the door too. Note: For a digital detox there is no WiFi! PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: It’s a working farm with a herd of cattle and dozens of horses. The owners are horse experts and enthusiasts, and have years of experience of horse riding, teaching and exploring the local area on horseback. The farm itself leads on to Mt. Moollootoo and has sections of open pasture land, rainforest and open bush that leads into Morton National Park. All of which makes it a really special place for horse riding and there are dozens of fantastic trails that the owners are always happy to guide you around. You can head up through the rainforest to the top of Mt Moollootoo from where the views are simply spectacular, taking in Morton Park, the Kangaroo River & Lake Yurunga. They have a few friendly READ MORE
- The adults only, eco-friendly, Mt. Hay Retreat near Berry Village is an exclusive rural escape in the heart of Kangaroo Valley. It offers very luxurious self catering accommodation in prime spots of their 360 acre private estate which comprises landscaped gardens, farmland, bushland, and some inspiring views. Facilities include a 33 metre indoor heated pool, spa facilities and a giant chess set in the gardens. Note: Mt Hay Retreat is exclusively for guests aged 18 and over. THE ACCOMMODATION: Mt. Hay is an adults only retreat and so the emphasis seems to be on privacy and spending quality alone. They have a total of 5 self contained and very private, what they term; Deluxe King Suites, all of which are doubles. As you can see from the photos they are all beautifully designed, spacious and very well appointed with HD LCD TVs, WiFi, reverse cycle air con, sleek kitchenettes (with Nespresso coffee makers), secluded outside terraces with open air bath, and some extremely plush bathrooms with luxury toiletries and bathrobes, and some of which include a spa bath. Check out all the details on the booking page here. There is a 30 metre heated swimming pool at the retreat as well as top of the range spa facilities where you can arrange a whole host of health and beauty treatments. You can spend many pleasant hours just exploring the estate, 360 acres in total with its beautifully landscaped gardens, orchards, cattle farm, bushland and secret glades and dams. Apart from meeting the farm animals; the cows, goats and hens, you will surely also spot some of the local wildlife which include wombats, kookaburras, wedge tailed eagles, lyre birds, black cockatoos, echidnas and even some rare brush tailed rock wallabies. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: In the shadow of Broughton Head and with views that stretch towards the hills of the South Coast and the ocean beyond, Mt. Hay Retreat has a choice location, especially considering it is only five minutes drive from the vibrant and chic Berry Village, one of Kangaroo Valley’s most lovely. There you READ MORE