No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best farm stays & rural retreats in North Island, New Zealand! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Brown Cow Farm Stay, on New Zealand’s North Island is located just off the State Highway, five minutes outside the town of Levin and 60 miles north of Wellington City. It has a very nice, spacious self catering apartment on its lively farm with added amenities like an outdoor swimming pool and a hot tub for guests to enjoy, and it more than makes a great stopover for visitors on their way south to Wellington and NZ’s South Island. THE ACCOMMODATION: The apartment has one double bedroom with king size bed but it’s also family friendly and the owners can provide two extra fold out beds/mattresses and bedding for a total of two adults and two children to stay. The living room is a very good size and there is a very well equipped kitchen too. The apartment is completely private and self contained, and guests can have as much or as little privacy as they want. It has its own veranda with hot tub and gardens with plenty of seating, an outdoor swimming pool (heated from mid November to April) and a children’s playground. The farm is a fun and interesting place to explore and you’ll find the farm owners super friendly and always willing to show guests around. It’s also right next to the apartment’s gardens and you can hand feed the animals across the fence. THE FARM: The farm was originally supposed to be just a daffodil farm, and the owners do keep and harvest some in the spring time (Sept-Oct) but it has now also evolved into a home for alpacas, sheep, goats, pigs, hens, rabbits and of course the, by now famous, Brown Cow! Guests can have plenty of interaction with the animals and you’ll find them all very friendly and placid. THE LOCATION: As mentioned it can be a great stopping off point for those on the trail to the South Island or for those looking for a rural retreat near Wellington, just 60 miles away. The nearest village is Ohau just two minute’s drive up the road with the larger town of Levin being about 5 minutes. The apartment is self catering but you’ll find READ MORE
- Kauri Lodge offers pleasant, friendly, farm stay accommodation near the Hobbiton Movie Set, Lake Karapiro and the lovely town of Cambridge, amidst some typically beautifully New Zealand North Island countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice between a very spacious two bedroom cottage which can sleep up to 7 and a smaller, though still large, double studio. They both have very well equipped kitchens, a large lounge area with satellite TV, and plenty of outside space and barbecue facilities. The studio is a little away from the main farmhouse and doesn’t have its own WiFi but guests are welcome to come and use the WiFi at the farmhouse any time the want. Guests are also welcome to explore the farm which keeps horses and cattle. Horse riding can be arranged too, though not horse riding lessons so they would want you to have at least some experience before hopping on. You’ll find the owners super friendly and helpful and though the accommodation is self catering you can also arrange them to prepare you a good breakfast in the morning for a reasonable extra fee. THE LOCATION: As mentioned above Kauri Farm Stay is just outside the town of Cambridge on New Zealand’s North Island. Perhaps the most popular attraction in the area is the Hobbiton Movie Set which, even for non Lord of The Rings fans, is a beautiful, almost other worldly place. The idyllic, deep green, hills that surround the set are very typical of the area and the land around Kauri farmstay very much also has that Hobbiton feel to it. The town of Cambridge is a very pleasant little place, it has become famous for its many trees and for its prowess in the sport of rowing, leading it to be dubbed ‘The town of trees and champions’. It’s not a big town by any means but sees a good number of tourists and so has a few good cafes and restaurants. Within an hour’s drive of the farmstay you can enjoy some of the North Island’s best natural attractions; Raglan Beach or the incredible underground caves at Waitomo to the west for example, or Rotorua town and READ MORE
- This lovely, North Island, family friendly, farm stay has great views over the Firth of Thames and the Coromandel mountain ranges and is home to many animals; sheep, horses, hens, pigs and a goat. You’re more than welcome to watch or help out with looking after the animals. The friendly owners have ponies too that can be ridden, and there are several lovely hiking and walking trails in and around the farm. Accommodation is in the form of very comfortable self-catering cottages with full kitchen and WiFi and there’s also a communal lounge area which offers a 3D TV, and an great outdoor barbecue area. The surrounding area is beautifully scenic, nearby the Coromandel mountains and Tararu Bay only about 8 minutes away by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Absolutely stunning views from the farm down to Thames bay over the lush forest. A very quiet and secluded place like nothing we have seen before….” “A slice of paradise….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FOR NIGHTINGALE FALLS RETREAT: READ MORE
- This small, eco-friendly farm stay, just outside the town of Cambridge, New Zealand and only 15 minutes drive from Hamilton Airport, has very comfortable self-catering villas on a working organic farm. All of their quite luxurious accommodation includes a kitchen, private bathroom, a flat-screen TV with DVD player, under-floor heating, iPod docking station and free WiFi throughout. They serve a very good organic breakfast with fruit, honey, eggs and milk straight from the farm. The surrounding area is famously great for outdoor adventures and guests can borrow their bikes and kayaks for free. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing location and loved the cottage. Amazing decor, comfort, setting and surroundings – super special place to stay….” “The décor was tasteful, comfortable and romantic and the setting was quiet and private. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was delicious, homemade and healthy. A lovely revitalizing retreat….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT EARTHSTEAD VILLAS: READ MORE
- Papa Yurt at the Terraces is a peaceful glamping farm stay which sits on a hill on Waiheke Island, just off the coast of Auckland, New Zealand, and commands gorgeous views of Putiki bay below. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a range of luxury yurts to stay in, all of them spacious and clean, with a roof that can be opened up to see the stars, or left closed depending on the weather, a private bathroom with a rainforest shower, a small lounge area, WiFi, a coffee maker, and a private terrace at the front which has reclining chairs/sun loungers and a picnic table. THE FARM: In all the property has 9 acres of land on which there are over 600 olive trees, a fruit orchard and a vegetable garden. They also have a yoga yurt on the grounds where both private and communal sessions can be arranged. THE LOCATION: Waiheke Island, a little more than a half hour ferry trip from Auckland, is well known for its beauty and peaceful charm. The farmstay sits on a hill overlooking the lovely Putiki Bay and the whole area is equally scenic. You’ll find it great for hiking, cycling and of course swimming; with the nearest beach, Palm beach, only about 10 minutes walk away. And, if that sounds a bit too relaxing for you there is always the EcoZip adventure park in Onetangi, about 10 minutes away by car. Waiheke is also well known for its vineyards and you can find plenty of wine tourism here. The Hauraki Gulf Marine Park is also an interesting diversion, a protected area for marine life it covers around 1.2 million hectares of Waiheke including over 50 smaller islands. Many of the islands are off limits without a permit due to the presence of endangered species but you can arrange boat trips for visits to many of the others. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This place is a dream holiday spot. So relaxing and comfy and in such a beautiful and peaceful spot. The yurt was gorgeous and had everything you need and more. Thank you so much!…” “The yurt was immaculate and super comfortable, it had everything READ MORE
- The Farm at Cape Kidnappers has luxury farm stay accommodation on a 6,000 acre sheep farm near Hastings in Hawkes Bay, North Island, NZ. The setting is wonderful, with tremendous views all around, and the quality of the service and facilities on offer, which include a top restaurant, spa facilities and a golf course, make The Farm at Cape Kidnappers not just one of the best farm stay hotels in New Zealand, but one of the best hotels. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of B&B suites or a four bedroom self catering cottage at the farm. All are beautifully appointed, clean, spacious and comfortable, and come with a private balcony, flat screen TV, DVD player, WiFi, and air con. At the main farmhouse there is a lounge area with an open fire, a gourmet restaurant, excellent spa treatments and facilities, a fitness centre, an infinity pool, a hot tub and a wine cellar (where you can join wine tasting sessions). The farm is perhaps most famous for its uniquely spectacular par 71 golf course which has superb ocean views. It also comes with a range of practice facilities, putting and chipping greens, a club shop and club house. The property also includes a fully working sheep and cattle farm, of which guests can arrange tours of, which include some impressive displays of sheep herding by the farm sheepdogs. There are other tours too, a Can-Am tour around the spectacular farm and coastline for example, a visit to a local kiwi sanctuary or gannet colony, horse riding, or tours of local vineyards. THE LOCATION: On the east coast of North Island NZ, the larger area is known as Hawkes Bay with its two largest cities, Hastings & Napier, being just north of the farm. Hawkes Bay is known for its agriculture and agritourism, wine making and wine tourism in particular, with its full bodied reds now internationally famous. From Auckland the journey shouldn’t take more than five hours by car or less than an hour by plane to Hastings airport which is about 15 miles from the farm stay (transfers can be arranged). WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The scenery is incredibly READ MORE