No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agriturismo farm stays, vineyard hotels & rural retreats in Northern France! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com
- Le Domaine d’Ablon is a luxury farm stay rural retreat near to Le Harve and the artistic coastal town of Honfleur, in rural Pays d’Auge, Lower Normandy. Accommodation is offered in classically Norman half timbered farmhouses, and the design, both interior and exterior is impeccable. You’ll find the interiors comfortable and plush but with a very pleasant rustic feel while the farm itself has organic orchards and vegetable gardens which offer some of the ingredients for the very highly regarded food on offer. Cooking and horticulture classes, amongst others, can be arranged on site too. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice of double suites, in order of size; the Standard Suite, the Queen Suite and the King Suite, with The King being the largest. Even the standard suite though, if it was in most other hotels it would be considered a top choice, being around 40 sqm in size and the epitome of comfort and style. There is also a self catering cottage on site which has a huge amount of space, with two bedrooms (one double, one twin), a large lounge with an open fireplace, a kitchen and a private patio and garden area outside. The bathrooms are particular highlight in all of the accommodation choices, spacious and rather opulent, they come with a nice old style standing bathtub and a range of Bvulgari bath products. Le Domaine d’Ablon is a luxury hotel but also an agritourism farm stay; it prides itself on offering up some of the best local, seasonal food in Normandy and the owners take great care in producing much of the ingredients themselves. They grow a range of organic vegetables and fruits on site as well as various herbs some of which are medicinal herbs, and the owners and staff are a great source of knowledge about all things horticulture and food. The food is truly excellent and if you would like to try and recreate it yourself at home you arrange a cooking class with the head chef, Jérôme Billochon, which also includes an educational tour of the kitchen gardens. There are other courses at the farm too; photography, flower arranging, gardening, origami and even beekeeping. READ MORE
- La Roulotte de Manon is a very cute, family friendly, glamping farm stay near Rouen in the heart of rural Normandy, France. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is a gorgeously old fashioned gypsy caravan sitting at the edge of the farm pond. It can fit up to five people, with a double bed at the back and two sofa beds in the lounge area. It is small of course but very cosy. It has a bathroom, and a useful kitchenette including a microwave. It’s fully heated too, has a small TV, a nice little porch area and barbecue facilities outside. THE FARM: The farm has horses, ponies, hens and goats, and guests are very welcome to tour the farm and meet the animals. They grow various vegetables too and have a large garden area with a children’s playground and plenty of seating around. There is also the pond just outside the caravan which hosts a number of ducks and wildfowl. THE LOCATION: The farmstay is just a half an hour’s drive from the lovely cathedral city of Rouen, one of Normandy’s highlights and a popular stop off on the journey from Paris to the coast. The countryside around is green and fertile and the area has very strong farming traditions. There are some national parks in this part of Normandy too; the woodlands of Forêt Domaniele d’Eawy for example are only about 10km away from the farmstay. A little over a half an hour to the north is the city of Dieppe and the Normandy coastline. There are many fine sights along this part of the coast, the dramatic cliff scenery over Le Treport for example, the impressive 16th-century castle at Eu and many more. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Lots of outdoor space, even in poor weather stuff for kids to do. Very peaceful. Friendly host….” “The Roulotte was very cosy and perfect for a family stay….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LA ROULOTTE DE MANON: READ MORE
- Le Clos du Quesnay is a truly lovely farm B&B in a restored 19th-century farmhouse near Rouen, Normandy, France, and within driving distance of both Le Harve and Calais. They have a range of accommodation in the main farmhouse as well as some glamping style gypsy caravans in the extensive gardens. You’ll find the owners helpful and friendly and they are great cooks too. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice of five rooms; doubles, and suites for up to four people (one double bed & two singles), plus 4 lovely gypsy caravans in the grounds outside. All the rooms are very comfortable and come with all modern conveniences; private bathroom, flat screen TV and WiFi. The gypsy caravans can fit up to three people with one double bed and one sofa bed in the lounge area. They have a nice bathroom and a small dining area inside, plus a porch and patio area outside with seating. At the main farmhouse there is a common lounge with board games, TV and fireplace plus there is a separate dining area. The accommodation is B&B but they also serve up meals throughout the day. Their multi course evening dinners are really fantastic for example and are a great way to meet other guests while enjoying some good wholesome Norman food. The gardens are really lovely, it is a former farm and there is a full 10 acres to be enjoyed, all of it beautifully landscaped with lawns, flower beds and orchard trees. There is also a large children’s playground, barbecue facilities and an area to play the traditional French game of pétanque. THE LOCATION: Le Clos du Quesnay is around 40km east of of the city of Rouen, and Monet’s favourite cathedral, less than an hour’s drive from Dieppe on the Normandy coast, and about 100km from Paris. The area is known as the Pays de Bray and it is classic Normandy countryside; green fields and pretty small towns, including the famous spa town of Forges-les-Eaux. There are a couple of very beautiful chateaux nearby too at Vascoeuil and Martainville and plenty of opportunities for cycling, horse riding and hiking, especially around the nearby Forêt READ MORE
- Ferme des Chartroux Farm Stay near Calais, northern France, has comfortable B&B rooms in its lovely authentic French farmhouse. The farm is a working farm which includes sheep, pigs, horses, donkeys, geese and hens. The owners are friendly and welcoming; you’ll feel more like you’re visiting long lost relatives than hotel owners and the setting is lovely; a peaceful green idyll within and hour of Calais, a half an hour of Boulogne-sur-Mer and less than twenty minutes from the lively seaside town of Touquet-Paris-Plage. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have 6 comfortable, unpretentious, B&B rooms at the farm house; one twin room, three doubles and two ‘family rooms’ which have one double bed and two singles. They all come with private bathroom, cable TV and WiFi, and all have a very nice, cosy country cottage feel. Guests are treated to a fine fresh continental breakfast in the morning and can spend their days relaxing in the gardens, exploring the farm, with its friendly animals, or the surrounding peaceful green countryside. THE LOCATION: The farmstay is near Calais, less than an hour’s drive, and about hour north of Amiens. The location is the heart of Pas-de-Calais’ Montreuillois region. This is a charmingly rural region that produces a lot of good food and has a character all of its own, a character well away from the industrial excess of many urban areas in North Eastern France. It is peaceful and slow paced, with winding country roads, vast plains of green fields and some lovely little villages to explore. The sea is nearby too, with the coastal fort town of Montreuil-sur-Mer and the port of Etaples being just ten minutes away, while popular seaside towns like Touquet-Paris-Plage, Berck, Merlimont and Stella can be reached in less than 20 minutes. The city of Amiens is under an hour away to the south, and beyond that Paris which can be reached in about two and a half hours. Note: Ferme des Chartroux also has a self catering farm cottage gite for rent, you can check it out by clicking here. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is a charming place to stay. The host was so helpful and friendly. We READ MORE
- A home away from home on the Brittany-Normandy borders, and very near the World Heritage Site of Mont St. Michel, Gites Ferme de la Baie has some lovely cottage gites for rent on its working farm with sheep, pigs and hens. The cottages blend the modern and traditional very nicely and the location is peaceful and serene. THE ACCOMMODATION: The gites are fully self catering cottages with the largest sleeping up to a maximum of nine people. They have spacious lounges with satellite TV & DVD player, as well as fully equipped kitchens and varying numbers of bedrooms and bathrooms. All are traditional French farm cottages which, though updated to meet the modern age, still very much retain their old fashioned charm. Outside all the cottages have their own private garden space with a terrace and seating area and the rest of the grounds are shared. In the large shared area there is a children’s playground, hammocks, a covered barbecue and seating/dining area where you can socialize with other guests and the friendly owners who stay at the main farmhouse. Beyond that there is an orchard area and the farm to explore. You can pick your own cherries, peaches plums and walnuts there and get to meet some of the animals; which include sheep, hens and pigs. THE LOCATION: The location is great for those planning a trip to the world famous Mont St. Michel, which, as one of France’s most visited sites, probably needs no introduction. It’s only about five minutes down the road but it would be a shame to begin and end your sightseeing there. There are numerous other great places to visit in the area, full of history, beauty and culture. Fougères, for example, where you can visit the largest medieval castle in Europe, Villedieu-les-Poêles, with its famous bell foundry where the bells for Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris were made, the charming walled town of Dinan with its half timbered houses and cobbled streets, and of course the lovely seaside towns of St. Malo & Dinard. Just some examples; there are many more, be sure to ask the friendly owners at Gite Ferme de la Baie for READ MORE
- Farm Gite des Chartroux near Calais, northern France, has a lovely, traditional French, farmhouse gite on its working farm which includes horses, donkeys, pigs, sheep, hens and geese. The owners are welcoming and friendly; you’ll feel like you’re visiting long lost relatives, and the location is perfect; a green, peaceful oasis under an hour from Calais and twenty minutes from the seaside town of Touquet-Paris-Plage. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a three double bedroom cottage on their working farm to sleep up to six, though there is also a double sofa bed in the living room where you can squeeze in two more. The cottage is modern and clean and has a well equipped kitchen, cable TV, WiFi and laundry facilities. Outside, guests are welcome to relax in the gardens and explore the surroundings, including the farm with its friendly animals. THE LOCATION: Roughly between Calais and Amiens, (about an hour from each) Gite des Chartroux is in the middle of Pas-de-Calais’ Montreuillois region. This is a richly rural region well known for its good food and peaceful, slow pace of life, it is a land of green fields, country roads and small friendly villages. You are near the sea here too too, with and the port of Etaples being just ten minutes away, while lively seaside towns like Berck, Merlimont, Touquet-Paris-Plage and Stella are within 20. The journey to Paris will take no more than two and a half hours. Note: Ferme des Chartroux also has B&B rooms at the main farmhouse, you can check them out by clicking here. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This was a great place to stay – owners were extremely friendly and helpful. Being a working farm was wonderful for the children and adults alike. Chester the donkey was a wonderful highlight. Highly recommended!….” “There are some great resorts around the world, but Cape Kidnappers is right up there, in every sense. Terrific food, great wine(s), outstanding service. All delivered against a backdrop of spectacular scenery…” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FARM GITE DES CHARTROUX: READ MORE
- This farm stay in the heart of the Lower Normandy countryside, with the Castle of Saint-Germain-de-Livet just 6 km away, is a working organic farm with animals that also produces its own organic apple juice and cider. Its self catering 2-bedroom loft in the upstairs of the very traditional Normandy farmhouse has exposed wooden beams and wooden floors. There is a large open plan kitchen and lounge with TV and DVD player and also a nice terrace. With the company of friendly owners you’ll find it a very enjoyable rural retreat where you can learn a bit about rural Normandy, farm life, and best of all how to make cider! WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Very clean, lovely to watch the cows being milked, yummy organic cider. Very family friendly and perfect for our family of 5. We will plan to come back and stay longer as we didn’t get much of a chance to explore the surrounding areas….” “A beautiful, peaceful, and memorable stay during our European vacation. Thank you….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FERME DE LA TUILERIE: READ MORE
- Ferme de la Rançonnière et Manoir de Mathan is a beautifully old style, luxury farm hotel with restaurant and bar, just north of Bayeux, France, and about 3 km from the Normandy Coast. Its medieval stone buildings are surrounded by large beautifully landscaped gardens with adjoining tennis court in the heart of the lush Normandy countryside. Its rooms are equally impressive; comfortable, clean and very beautifully decorated in a rustic, antique style. Each comes with an en-suite bathroom, as well as satellite TV and WiFi. And, last but not least, the highly rated restaurant at Ferme de la Rançonnière et Manoir de Mathan offers the best regional French cuisine, including every morning a generous buffet breakfast. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The facilities are housed in a wonderful old 15th century monastery that has been beautifully restored. The grounds and building are lovely….” “The property was lovely, full of character, and the staff were very helpful. We had a wonderful dinner at the hotel, the food was excellent!….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT MANOIR DE MATHAN: READ MORE
- This friendly, very highly rated, Picardie farm stay has B&B rooms on a cattle farm just outside the medieval town of Coucy le Chateau and not far from Soissons with its famous abbey and cathedral. All the modern, immaculately clean, rooms come with en suite bathrooms including bathtub, with some rooms also having a seating area. There’s a sociable shared lounge and terrace at the farmhouse with a flat screen TV and DVD player and a well equipped children’s playground in the large gardens. And you’ll have a great breakfast served every morning, made from the best local produce including their own home produced eggs, fruit, jams and more. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Lovely place to stop, huge garden for the kids to play in with a trampoline and a swing set, chickens, cows and fresh air. Breakfast was lovely and all home grown fruit….” “There was so much to like, from the well cared-for animals to the personal attention. Celine is a fantastic hostess and provided a fresh and homemade breakfast every morning, more food than our family of four could possibly eat. We enjoyed relaxing on the farm in the quiet village. We would highly recommend it….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AU JARDIN FLEURI: READ MORE
- Clos Masure is a B&B farm stay near Rouen, Normandy, France, that offers a unique glamping holiday experience. The accommodation is in the form of fairy tale like wooden cabins high up in the beech trees that children, or romantic couples, will be especially enchanted by. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have five thatched treehouses to sleep up to five people. All of them are sturdy and well designed with access via wooden staircases and walkways built high up around the trees. There are varying numbers of beds, plus indoor and outdoor seating/dining areas from where you can catch glimpses of many animals and birds which tend to go unnoticed from ground level; squirrels, woodpeckers and night time owls for example. The accommodation is B&B and you’ll the friendly owners provide you with a top class fresh breakfast to start your day with. Other meals, both hot and cold can also be provided throughout the day with a bit of advanced notice. Safety might of course be a concern with young children and you’re naturally advised to keep an eye on them more so than in conventional accommodation even though you’ll find all areas carefully fenced and secured. The property is a farm stay and so has a fully working farm which guests are welcome to explore. They have a large herd of dairy cattle, a flock of hens and also produce a variety of crops; wheat, rapeseed, sugar beet, flax and corn. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is just 40km from the famously beautiful city of Rouen and in the heart of some peaceful green Normandy countryside. For those of you not familiar Rouen is Normandy’s capital and a popular place with tourists due in no small part to the Cathédrale Notre-Dame, a magnificent sight in the center of the city and one which was once much appreciated by the iconic impressionist painter Claude Monet. Popular with tourists but not oppressively it is also a busy, vibrant city in its own right, with fine restaurants and cafes and makes for a good initial introduction to the architecture, culture and cuisine of the Normandy region. Rural Normandy though is also a major READ MORE