No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best farm stays, vineyard hotels & rural retreats in Northern Spain! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com
- Agroturismo Iabiti-Aurrekoa is a peaceful, eco-friendly farmhouse B&B very near Bilbao airport in Spain’s Basque Country. It has a range of rooms in its beautifully restored 19th-century farmhouse surrounded by acres of gardens and orchard groves. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a selection of 6 double and twin rooms at the eco-friendly farmhouse, all of which are tastefully decorated in keeping with the traditional feel of the house, with exposed stone walls and wood beamed ceilings. They have modern comforts too; WiFi, flat screen TV, underfloor heating and very nice en-suite bathrooms, and you can expect the best of service from the hospitable owners. They is a common lounge area downstairs too with a fireplace and outside you’ll find plenty of seating in the extensive gardens surrounded by flowers and fruit trees from which you can help yourself to some fresh figs, kiwi fruit, apples and plums. THE LOCATION: The hotel is very near Blbao, it’s just 15 minutes from the city centre in fact, and less than 10 minutes from Bilbao airport. It can be a nice alternative to a usual airport hotel for some travellers and though the location is convenient it still has a very rural, relaxing charm. Nearby Zamudio has plenty of history going back to Roman times and was part of the medieval Camino de Santiago on its way from France to Galicia, though the modern French Way now takes a different route through Biscay and along the Guipuzcoan coast. This ancient stretch, between Bilbao and Guernika can still be walked via a marked path which runs along a stretch of the old road from Bilbao to Guernica and through historic sites such as the 17th-century Arikondo Bridge and the Baroque Palace at Larragoiti, as well as some lovely oak woodland and typically green rural Basque scenery. Golf lovers will be pleased to know there are four decent golf courses within 15 minutes drive of the hotel, the best one being at the Laukariz Country Club, a full 27 hole course in a beautiful natural setting near the town of Munguia. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is such a lovely agroturismo property. Tucked away off a suburban road, you READ MORE
- This child friendly & pet friendly farm stay near San Sebastian in the Basque Country, has a range of comfortable, clean rooms in a classic Basque hillside farmhouse on its working sheep farm which also has a variety of other animals too. The Accommodation: All the rooms in their traditional style Basque farmhouse come with private bathroom, flat screen TV and WiFi throughout. There is also a shared TV lounge and a spacious shared kitchen where you are free to cook for yourselves, and the owners can also cook you a nice breakfast each morning for a few euros extra. It’s very much child friendly too; they have a play area well stocked with toys and plenty of games and other entertainment to keep them occupied. The Farm: The farmstay has a large working sheep farm that has over 400 sheep as well as a variety of other animals, ponies, which children can ride, some cows, horses, geese and even an emu. The Location: The location is super convenient for visitors to the lively, sophisticated, city of San Sebastian, and though it’s just 15 minutes drive from the city centre but is still a quiet rural area of typically Basque green hills, small farms and forests. It is a lovely place for countryside walks and hikes around the hills, especially down towards the coast and Monte Igeldo, which has spectacular views over San Sebastian and the Bay of La Concha (Kontxako Badia). You can organize guided horse riding trips around the area too from the farmstay. San Sebastian city, as mentioned previously is just 15 minutes away and if the countryside gets too much for you you can spend the day there at its beautiful beaches and busy town centre where you can sample some of what is considered the Basque Country’s, and Spain’s, best food. A special mention too of course for its pintxos, the regions own version of tapas, which is served in almost every one of its lively bars. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The place was very cosy and everyone in the staff was great, treating us with a lovely warmth! There were also a lot to do READ MORE
- Just outside the village of Meaño in Galicia, Spain, and not far from the city of Pontevedra, Eirado Do Pino farmstay has clean and comfortable rooms surrounded by a vineyards and orchards, plus a small animal farm. All their rooms have TV, WiFi and private bathroom, there is a shared lounge and dining room too where you can order some really good, typically Galician meals with plenty of seafood and tapas. Guests are free to roam the farm, visit the on-site winery, and to sample some of the farm’s produce. The friendly owners can also arrange bike hire and horse riding for exploring the surrounding villages and lovely green Galician countryside. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We loved its location!!! the house between vineyards, the kindness of its owners, Alberto and Inés, and the dinners at the taverna…” “The passionate and pleasant way in which this family runs the business makes you feel at home. The facilities were very good and clean, and the food at the taverna was delicious….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT EIRADO DO PINO READ MORE
- Pago de Trascasas is an atmospheric vineyard & winery hotel near Valladolid, in Cubillas de Santa Marta, Spain, where you can enjoy some top quality wine, food, rest and relaxation. They have B&B rooms is in a classically rustic Spanish farmhouse surrounded by vineyards from which they produce red and rose Cigales wines using both modern and traditional techniques. It is a well known enotourism centre in the region and you can partake in guided vineyard and cellar tours, as well as wine & food tasting sessions. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have eight double and twin B&B rooms at the hotel, all of which are nicely decorated in traditional Castilian style and full of character. They have all the usual modern comforts too; private bathrooms, digital TV and WiFi. There is plenty of common space at the hotel too; a lounge area and a library & reading room (mainly with books about wine). They have a billiard table at the property too and of course there is the restaurant and dining room. You can expect a good and generous breakfast in the morning and later, some top quality evening meals made with some fine local produce. As mentioned, they have a full program of wine tourism on offer, with tasting sessions of their wines matched with various food stuffs like cheeses and homemade sausages, and educational vineyard and cellar tours. THE LOCATION: The vineyard hotel is conveniently near Valladolid, just 20km in fact and is in a strongly agricultural area well known for its wine and food production. You can go for hikes around the nearby Torozos Mountains or along the famous Canal de Castilla. The village itself, Cubillas de Santa Marta is a cute, classically Castilian little place with some small cafes, shops and restaurants and the 13th century Cistercian Church of Santa María at its centre point. Madrid is a little over two hours to the south. Salamanca can reached in just over an hour, Burgos in a little less than an hour and Leon in about an hour and a half. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Serious comfort and attention! Lovely private bodega providing everything someone traveling through could ask READ MORE
- The quite idyllic El Piensu Farm Stay has homely, rustic, farm house accommodation near Gijon in the lovely green hills of Asturias. They have a choice of B&B and self catering accommodation, their small farm has cattle, donkeys and hens, and comes with some superb views over the Atlantic Ocean. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are B&B double bedrooms in the main farmhouse, and in the adjoining buildings they have some one and two bedroom cottage type accommodation to sleep up to five people. They are all rustic, traditional style; they hold on to a lot of old farmhouse charm but without compromising on comfort of cleanliness. There is a large common lounge with TV in the main farmhouse which all guests are free to use. The self catering cottages are spacious and come with well equipped kitchens, lounge areas and one or two bedrooms in each. For an extra fee all guests can also enjoy a particularly good and generous breakfast, with a great spread of Asturian and Spanish homemade fare to be sampled. Outside there are some charming gardens with nice views over the sea, a terrace area with seating and a small children’s playground. with see-saw and swings. You are of course welcome to wander around the farm and meet some of the animals; the cows and donkeys, and join in some tasks if you so wish like collecting fresh eggs from the hens for breakfast. You’ll find the farm owners friendly and hospitable, and in a very short time you will be made to feel right at home, in both the house and on the farm. THE LOCATION: Near to both Gijon and Oviedo El Piensu Farm Stay has a beautifully remote setting right on the edge of the sea in this the green heart of northern Spain; Asturias. There is a pathway from the farm down to the sea and from there, if you’re feeling fit, you can walk or run the 6km along the coast to the lighthouse at Lastres en Luces, to the pretty little villages of Cudillero and Lastres, or Santamera with its 13th century church, and also to some fine beaches at Rodiles and READ MORE
- Casa Rural Iribarrenea makes a lovely introduction to rural Navarra family farm life. It’s near to both San Sebastian & Pamplona and has a very beautiful setting among the green hills that typify this area just north of the Pyrenees. The farmhouse is traditional style, rustic and quaint but with modern levels of comfort. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a B&B double room for two guests which includes a private bathroom, a balcony and a separate lounge area with flat screen TV, so it is more like a hotel suite. The farmhouse is the family home, you’ll find them kind, helpful and friendly, offering you as much or as little interaction as you like, and you’ll be treated to a great breakfast in the morning. The property is lovely, full of nice antique furniture and retaining a traditional farmhouse feel. Outside there are gardens and of course the farm from which the views are really spectacular. THE FARM: It’s a full time working farm with sheep, cows, donkeys and hens plus vegetable gardens and orchards. The owners are enthusiastic about their work and guests are always welcome to tour the farm and learn a little about the work they do. THE LOCATION: The location of the farmstay is probably the highlight. It sits on a hill overlooking El Valle del Baztan in the green hills north of the Pyrenees and the views are fantastic all around. The nearest village is Zuaztoi a cute little place of about 250 inhabitants, and the farmstay is also just 6km from the beautiful town of Elizondo, the capital of the Baztan Valley, as well as the famous caves at Urdax and Zugarramurdi, just north along the French border. The entire area is great for hiking and hill walking and it’s nearly equidistance (about one hour) between San Sebastian & Pamplona in Spain as well as Biarritz in neighbouring France. The farm stay owners are a great source of knowledge about the local area, be sure to ask for recommendations, and they can also arrange guided tours for you. READ MORE