No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here we have our choices for the best agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels near San Gimignano, Tuscany! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via our affiliate partnership with Booking.com.
- Il Castagnolino is a classic Tuscany agriturismo with high-quality B&B accommodation, fantastic food, and lovely views of San Gimignano and the Tuscan Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 6 rooms are traditional style, with terracotta floors and wood-beamed ceilings. They’re clean and comfortable and come with private bathrooms and WiFi. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and gardens with plenty of places to relax while looking out on the countryside below. The breakfast is buffet style and includes, amongst many other things, a nice selection of homemade jams, yoghurts, and cakes. You can also enjoy a full 4-course Tuscan meal every evening at the restaurant with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm. Guests are also welcome to join the daily cooking classes, where you can learn to make a range of Tuscan and Italian staple dishes. THE FARM: Organic olives, and other fruit, vegetables, and spices are grown on the small farm. As mentioned previously, the owners make some of their fine homemade food from the farm produce, and guests can sample some at meal times, learn to cook with it, and buy some to take home from the on-site organic shop. THE LOCATION: Agriturismo Il Castagnolino is just 3km outside San Gimignano, Tuscany, it is also less than 30km from the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra, while the cities of Siena and Florence are both about 50 to 60km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Nothing in life is perfect but this stay with Carmela was very very close. The location with its views were breathing taking and Carmela’s home local cooking & breakfast was just wonderful. Her staff were always friendly and helpful. Thank you for such a memorable holiday….” “Beautiful home cooked food, stunning location, peaceful and tranquil. A warm welcome from a lovely lady. Perfect….” >> READ MORE REVIEWS & BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO IL CASTAGNOLINO: READ MORE
- With spectacular views of San Gimignano, Tuscany, this lovely traditional farm stay has pet-friendly B&B rooms and self-catering accommodation on an organic family farm and vineyard. It’s a homely, friendly place that produces quality wine and extra virgin olive oil, and keeps farm animals, too. The food, though, is the real highlight at Fattoria San Donato; they have a traditional, organic, Tuscan restaurant that serves up some of the best fresh food around, much of which comes from their own farm. If you are impressed with the cooking, as you undoubtedly will, you can also arrange some excellent cooking classes with chef and owner, Federica. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have some nice self-catering apartments and B&B double rooms with private bathrooms. All of them are spacious and decorated with a rustic, traditional, Tuscan style. The apartments have two double bedrooms, but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge that can be converted into another double for two extra guests. The lounge is large and comes with a kitchenette. You can enjoy some fantastic food and wine at the farm restaurant including a lavish buffet breakfast in the mornings and various meals throughout the day. As mentioned above, cooking classes can also be arranged. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool in the large gardens where you can play table tennis and the kids can enjoy the playground. All of this includes really stunning views of the surrounding countryside, including those iconic towers of San Gimignano. There’s a lot going on in their busy organic farm. It has farm animals like goats, pigs, hens, and ducks, and grows vegetables, herbs, and fruits including olives and grapes. Around the edges of the farm there are patches of woodland that lead on into the Castelvecchio Nature Reserve which has some rugged scenery and lots of local wildlife. The family is always happy to show guests around the farm and the cellars and to show them how they make their wines, oils, and various other food products. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some tasting sessions, too. THE LOCATION: Your hosts are also always happy to advise on where to visit in the READ MORE
- Just a few minutes from San Gimignano, the 17th century era Agriturismo Mormoraia is consistently among Tuscany’s most highly rated agriturismi. It is a beautiful property surrounded by organic wine and extra-virgin olive oil producing farmland, it has gorgeous views of the San Gimignano towers and surrounding countryside, elegant, luxurious accommodation, fabulous food, an outdoor swimming pool, and a spa & wellness centre. Among the animals that call the farm home are horses, ponies, donkeys, goats, sheep, ducks and hens, and guests can enjoy activities such as horse riding, e-biking, hiking, cooking classes, wine and olive oil tasting. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Agriturismo has 30, very tastefully renovated, units varying in size and features from their entry level 16 m² (172 square feet) Classic Doubles to 70 m² Family Suites to sleep 4 and a 110 m² Self Catering 3 Bed Villa to sleep up to 6. Their most romantic suites, most might agree, are the Deluxe Double Rooms with Jacuzzi. None of the accommodation at Mormoraia will disappoint though: even their most basic rooms are thoroughly elegant affairs and come with all modern luxury hotel conveniences. Check out all your room options now on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Their breakfast is an enormous buffet with a mix of Tuscan, Italian and international, including some delectable cakes and sweet stuff. The property’s restaurant is open all day and mainly serves Tuscan traditional accompanied by a selection of the farm’s own organic wines. In the summer dining goes al-fresco on the terrace to create a quintessential Tuscan scene with the towers of San Gimignano in the distance Wine tasting, cellar and vineyard tours are available as are olive oil tastings and cooking classes. You can also go also horse riding, hiking and e-biking at Mormoraia and tour their extensive farm. Other facilities include a swimming pool in the beautifully tended gardens, a sauna, a Turkish bath and a beauty and wellness centre with a menu of various massages and health and beauty treatments. LOCATION: Mormoraia is equidistance between Siena and Florence, at a little under an hour from each, and just minutes away from the spectacular town READ MORE
- On a 60 hectacre working organic farm producing extra virgin olive oil and award winning red and white wines, this delightful Agriturismo near San Gimignano and the cities of Siena and Florence, Tuscany, has a lovely hillside setting with tremendous views over the surrounding countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: They offer a range of rustic style self-catering apartments, which have wood beamed ceilings and terracotta floors, a living room/lounge area and a kitchen plus their own private garden with seating. There is a lot of lovely space outside, with a swimming pool, a playground and plenty of space to dine or to relax and just take in the Tuscan sun, surrounded by the vineyards and olive groves. THE FARM, THE FOOD & THE WINE: Their farm is a full 60 acres of vineyard and olive groves and has won awards for its wine, both whites and reds as well as that Tuscan classic dessert wine, Vin Santo. It also produces a large amount of extra virgin olive oil, with around 2500 olive trees on the farm. All of it is organic which requires an extra level of care and attention and the owners are happy to share some of the secrets with guests. They do full tours of the farm, the winery and the production lines, and their enthusiasm for the craft is infectious. Of course you are welcome to buy some of their produce to take home or you can even arrange to have it shipped home for you after your departure. THE LOCATION: Even by Tuscan standards this farmstay has an enviable location being just three kilometers from the gorgeous medieval town of San Gimignano. It is surrounded by classically beautiful Tuscan countryside, and being nearly 350 meters above sea level, the views are quite special, and make it a quite inspiring place for painters and photographers. It is also on the ancient pilgrimage route; the Via Francigena, which in medieval times ran from England, France and Switzerland all the way down through Italy to Rome. You can walk or cycle along the route and also take in some of the local historical religious sights like the Sanctuary of Madonna di Pancole, READ MORE
- Il Segreto di Pietrafitta is a very atmospheric, 15th century era farmhouse just outside San Gimignano. It is a thoroughly charming place with a stunning hillside location, and excellent food and accommodation. Most people seem to agree with us: it is possibly Tuscany’s most highly rated agriturismo, so be prepared to book in advance. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have mostly double and triple rooms here, plus a self catering apartment, with breakfast and dinner included in the rate. The rooms are gorgeous – think classic Tuscan wood beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, sturdy hand-crafted furniture and colourfully tiled, old style bathrooms. Their ‘Superior Double Room’ is the pick of the rooms we think. It is more spacious and its layout makes it feel just that bit nicer. If you don’t have too much budget constraint, the pick of the accommodation overall is probably the apartment though. It is a beautiful space with a well equipped, stylish kitchen and lounge area and one bedroom with queen size bed, plus there’s a sofa bed in the lounge. It is the most popular accommodation choice though and generally gets booked up very far in advance. All the accommodation comes with standard hotel perks – large screen satellite TVs, WiFi, mini-bars, study desks and tea/coffee making stations. Check out all the details on the booking page here. Note: Agriturismo Il Segreto di Pietrafitta is adults only (16+). Note 2: There is a four night minimum stay. There is a nice swimming pool in the grounds which has sweeping views over the surrounding countryside, including the towers of San Gimignano. The buffet style homemade breakfast and à la carte evening meal (vegetarian options always available) are served in their wonderful outdoor terrace during the warmer months. Both breakfast and dinner are included in the room rate. The farmhouse is surrounded by olive trees and organic fruit and vegetable groves. They make their own branded extra virgin olive oil here which guests are welcome to sample, and they do cooking lessons too. They have regular Yoga sessions (and lessons for beginners) and also provide a range of massage therapies. You can rent out electric bikes at the farmhouse READ MORE
- Very near the famous town of San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Macinatico is a wonderful rural escape that has great views of the town’s iconic medieval towers and the surrounding countryside. It makes its own top-quality extra virgin olive oil and wine which you can enjoy sampling in some beautifully tended gardens or while lounging by the outdoor swimming pool. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a total of six self-catering apartments that are large and spacious with varying numbers of bedrooms that can sleep up to ten people. They are also clean and very comfortable, with private bathrooms, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, full kitchens, and a lounge area. The owners are very hospitable and friendly and you’ll be welcomed on your arrival with a food hamper containing some basic essentials, bread, coffee, etc. plus some nice homemade pastries, biscuits, and other treats. Outside in the lovely gardens, you’ll find barbecue facilities, a kid’s playground, and an outdoor swimming pool with stunning views. The views from the farm stay are spectacular; you can lay back and enjoy the San Gimignano towers, the vineyards, and all that gorgeous Tuscan landscape while just sitting back at the edge of the pool. THE FARM & VINEYARD: They have acres of vineyards and olive groves surrounding the farmhouse. They produce their own quality cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and various wines here, and they have a small farm shop that sells both, with wines such as Vernaccia Macinatico and Massi DOCG, Toscana Bianco and Rosso IGT, Chianti and Disciplinare Chianti, plus many other good local foodstuffs. You’ll find the owners friendly and enthusiastic and very much experts on the subject of food and wine. Make sure you ask them for a free tour of their vineyards and production lines. THE LOCATION: Just 6 km from one of Tuscany’s most popular tourist towns, San Gimignano, but still gorgeously silent, peaceful, and rural, Agriturismo Macinatico has an undeniably great location. For those of you not yet familiar, this very historic town is on the itinerary of pretty much every visitor to rural Tuscany, so much so that it can get very packed, especially on weekends. In peak READ MORE
- Near the hilltop town of Volterra, Tuscany, Rifugio Dei Sogni is a warm and homely agriturismo B&B with a swimming pool and superb panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and of Volterra itself. The farm produces its own organic wine and extra virgin olive oil which you can sample, and buy to take home, and every morning you can look forward to a fabulously fresh and tasty Tuscan breakfast. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have five double rooms and one triple to choose from (check your options on the booking page here). All are in classic Tuscan farmhouse style but with modern comforts, WiFi, flat screen TV, air-con and mini bar for example. Outside they all have some semi-private space including table and chairs. The views from the property are stunning. The gorgeous Tuscan countryside is laid out before you with the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra looking down from a nearby hilltop. There is plenty of space around the gardens to lounge around in and to enjoy the great views from, and there is a nice outdoor swimming pool there too. It is a working farm and produces eight different wines, extra virgin olive oil and fruits such as cherries, lemons and apricots. All of it is organic and the owners are also committed to sustainability practices; solar panels, harvests of rainwater for irrigation etc. They are enthusiastic about organic, eco-friendly farming and are always happy to show guests around and to teach them a little on what goes in to the production of their wine and olive oil. The breakfast at Rifugio Dei Sogni is fresh, varied and generous, including some excellent, freshly ground coffee. There is a bar at the farmhouse too where you can enjoy some of their wine and other drinks plus various homemade snacks and small dishes throughout the day. THE LOCATION: The agriturismo is just a kilometer and a half from the gorgeous hilltop town of Volterra, one of the most famous hilltop towns in Tuscany. It was an important Etruscan city, with origins dating all the way back to the 8th century BC. It maintained its importance right through medieval times when most of READ MORE