No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best farm stays & rural retreats in Scotland! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com
- North of the popular tourist town of Oban in the Scottish Highlands, Shenavallie Farm Stay has cosy and comfortable B&B rooms surrounded by beautiful, wild countryside and has a herd of famous Scottish Highland cattle just down the road on its pasture land which runs all the way down to the sea. Their rooms are all en-suite, with satellite TV, WiFi and a nice balcony overlooking the garden. There is a common dining and lounge area area too where guests are treated to a hearty breakfast each morning. The surroundings are terrific for hiking and biking, and the farm itself, which guests are free to wander, has its own sea shore where you can go swimming or kayaking too. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This was an excellent place to stay and met our needs perfectly. The host was incredibly helpful….” “Exceptional Great Scottish cooked breakfast. The location is stunning with views across the farm fields and to the mountains. We visited in May when Highland Cattle had given birth to new calves. Lovely farm walk to beach in about 7 mins….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT SHENAVALLIE FARM: READ MORE
- Beside the village of Dalton, and not far from Lockerbie town, Scotland, this popular farm stay has a choice of self catering cottage accommodation on a busy working farm with sheep, cattle and hens. All have a full kitchen and lounge area with private bathrooms and varying numbers of bedrooms, and all come with the usual modern conveniences, TV, WiFi, central heating etc. Outside in the large gardens you’ll find a barbecue and a children’s playground, while inside there is a games room with a full sized snooker table, darts board and table tennis. On the farm there is also plenty to do, you can go quad biking, tractor driving, hiking and fishing in the nearby rivers. Or you can take a look around the farm with the owners, feed the lambs or collect your own eggs from the resident hens. You have the Westlands Activity Centre down the road too where you can try other activities such as paint-balling & go-carting. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing place, excellent hosts, highly enjoyed. The owners were extremely friendly, kind and making sure all our needs and wishes were meet. Fantastic location and magnificent land and woods. We highly recommend this place….” “A peaceful and beautiful place to get away from the business of life. The cottage was bordered by beautiful woods, a short walk from a delightful stretch of the river Annan. The cottage was quiet and peaceful. The kitchen was adequately equipped with all the crockery and utensils we needed….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT KIRKWOOD FARM COTTAGES: READ MORE
- Category: B&B Farm StaysAddress: Ardgarry Farm, Faichem
United KingdomJust outside the village of Invergarry in the heart of the Scottish Highlands and glens, this peaceful and homely B&B is set on a small farm with friendly shetland ponies and donkeys. The Accommodation: They have two B&B rooms beside the old style farmhouse; a double and a twin, both are airy, clean and super comfortable, and have their own private entrance from the garden. They also have satellite TV, WiFi and private bathroom and you’ll be treated to a generous Scottish breakfast every morning in the adjacent main farmhouse. The Farm: The farm is a small, traditional affair with just some gentle donkeys and shetland ponies. It is in a lovely setting too and blends easily in the the beautiful countryside beyond. The Location: The immediate area is stunning; classic Highland territory, and a real joy to wander around. If you’re feeling more adventurous you can find hiking routes all around, some that lead all the way towards Fort William (About 30 mins by car if you prefer to drive!) and onward to Ben Nevis, while the famous Loch Ness is only about 12 miles away. Closer than either you’ll find Loch Oich famous for its autumn salmon migrations and a whole range of wonderful trails through forest and open land with stunning views over the glen and the lake itself. Note: To keep the peace, no pets and no children allowed! WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Exceptional: Great location, very convenient on the way to Skye from Glasgow. Very beautiful and peaceful, everything you need for a relaxed stay!…” “Excellent, fabulous, beyond our expectations. Beautiful nature surrounding the property. Donkeys and ponies just behind the house. Kevin was so friendly and welcoming. The house itself very clean, stylish and comfortable. Romantic views outside. We would definitely like to come back someday….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT ARDGARRY FARM: READ MORE
- This friendly farmstay in Fife, Scotland, has comfortable bed and breakfast rooms in its 19th-century farmhouse with beautiful gardens outside, and great views over Largo Bay. The beach is just a mile away and it is also within 10 minutes of 4 different golf courses, with the home of golf itself, St. Andrews, being about a half an hour to the north. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have three rooms, two double and one twin, on the first floor of the farmhouse. They are all spacious and tastefully furnished and come with an en-suite bathroom. There is a nice lounge with TV downstairs too, WiFi throughout the building, and they serve a great breakfast in the morning using the best local produce. THE LOCATION: The coastal village of Lundin Links is about four miles down the road and has a nice little harbour and a few pubs along its sea front. This being Fife there is the lovely Fife Coastal Path to be explored, it runs for a full 117 miles, is all clearly marked and you can walk some of it from Largo Bay beach or Lundin Links. The city of Edinburgh is about 50 miles to the south of the farmhouse and St. Andrews is less than twenty miles to the north. I mentioned that there were four golf courses within ten minutes drive of Bankhead and if you extent the radius to a half an hour there is around thirty to choose from, especially around St. Andrews. READ MORE
- Situated along the rolling hills 16.1 km north of Dumfries town, Boreland Farm features a variety of farm activities and animals. Free fishing can be enjoyed on the River Cairn (when in season), which is less than 5 minutes’ walk from the property. An en suite bathroom is featured in each Boreland Farm room, as well as a TV & DVD player and tea/coffee making facilities. All rooms have their own private access. A full cooked Scottish breakfast is served each day at a time of your choosing. Staff can recommend places to eat in the local area, with many more available in Dumfries which is only a 25-minute drive away. Guests can take in the farm’s 365 acres of pasture and rough grazing, which feature a flock of 550 breeding sheep include pure Beltex ewes and tups. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Such a spacious, beautiful place to stay. Our host was so very accommodating and helpful recommending the great Italian restaurant. Delicious! Beautiful farm with sheep, rock fences. Husband enjoyed his walk there. We ate our first haggis here. What a cook our host is! We will return if available and travel to this area again. I highly recommend….” “Wonderful location in the middle of nowhere, with the walk up the hillside to the top just splendid, birdsong everywhere and loads of wildflowers….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BORELAND FARM: READ MORE