No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best farm stays in Somerset, England! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Near the lovely city of Bath, Ivy Cottage is a very cute and cosy farm cottage stay on a large, Duchy of Cornwall owned, organic farm surrounded by the peaceful green hills of rural North Somerset. THE ACCOMMODATION: The cottage is fully self contained with a kitchen, double/twin bedroom, bathroom, a comfortable lounge area with flat screen TV, DVD player and Wifi, plus there is also a very nice outdoor terrace & seating area with lovely views over the surrounding countryside. The cottage is self catering but the helpful farm owners can provide you with a good breakfast if you want, just let them know. Children are allowed, and they can fix up an extra bed or crib for you for an extra GBP 20 per night. But pets are not allowed. The farm which is leased from the Duchy of Cornwall is a fully working organic farm set out over a large area of prime agricultural land. There are over 300 acres of it in fact, and it is home to herds of beef cattle and sheep as well as patches of old woodland and small brooks. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is, as mentioned, only fifteen minutes from the great Roman spa city of Bath, very much one of Britain’s loveliest urban areas and full of historical interest. The North Somerset countryside around it is true West Country, with a blissful rural charm to be found among its rolling hills and quaint little villages. If you feel like getting in the car and touring this lovely area, you’ll be in driving distance of plenty of sights from the cottage; the spectacular Longleat House in neighbouring Wiltshire, with its famous safari park for example, Stourhead and its lake and gardens, as well as the picturesque village of Lacock where many well known films and TV series have been filmed. And of to the west the Mendock Hills and the iconic, historical town of Glastonbury. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Such a lovely little place. Absolutely everything you could need provided in this little cottage. Very cosy and could sit out at table and chairs to eat, have a drink and admire the stunning views….” READ MORE
- In a sunny, south facing valley on the West Somerset side of Exmoor National Park, England, this is a quaint, very homely farmstay on a very large working farm surrounded by some of the West Country’s most evocative scenery. The Accommodation: They have 6 comfortable, clean rooms with TV, WiFi and tea and coffee making facilities. They also have a nice shared lounge with a cosy fireplace, board games and plenty of books. The friendly farm owners know how to look after their guests and are happy to indulge you with some good local food in the dining room, with some ingredients from the farm itself, and not just for breakfast; they serve some fine 3 course evening meals too, and a supply of tea and homemade cakes throughout the day You’re welcome to stroll around the well tended gardens, and the farm, or take a swim in their outdoor heated swimming pool. They’ve also got a tennis court for you to use and you even try some archery or clay pigeon shooting on the farm too. The Farm: The farm is a full 420 acres of beautiful meadow and pasture land, with pockets of woodland and its own spring water. It has lovely views over the West Somerset countryside, Exmoor Park, and as far as the Bristol Channel to the north. The Location: The surrounding area is famously beautiful, one of England’s natural wonders, and there are loads of opportunities for hiking and long country walks. The hosts can arrange guided walks through Exmoor and the nearby Brandon Hills as well as bike rental, fly fishing and horse riding trips from nearby stables. There are a host of lovely villages around too, including historic Dunster, possibly the nicest village in Exmoor, with many of its buildings dating back hundreds of years times, including the famous Yarn Market. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The farm is beautiful, peaceful and lovely. The room and the bathroom are absolute comfortable and clean. Diana and her husband are charming and welcoming. I would love to go back. Dinner was excellent and great value. Their wine list and prices are good, dessert and cheeses notable….” READ MORE
- On the Somerset, Dorset borders, Toomer farm has B&B rooms in its lovely, Elizabethan era, country manor house, surrounded by 500 acres of prime farmland, and an adjoining equestrian centre. The property is steeped in history; it is rumoured locally that Elizabeth I once stayed here on her travels through the West Country, it is also nearby Thomas Hardy Country, and a stay here feels something like a gentle step back in time. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of comfortable B&B rooms which have an old style elegance in keeping with the atmosphere of the property. Outside there are some lovely old walled gardens, carp ponds and a dove cote. You’ll be treated to a fine, traditional English breakfast every morning too in the dining room. The huge farm these days produces a lot of organic beef and corn. It has horse stables which also date back hundreds of years and the farm itself is sometimes used as a venue for show jumping. Guests can organize horse riding around the farm too and are welcome to bring their own horses, there is good fishing to be enjoyed in the local area and this too can be easily arranged from the farm. THE LOCATION: Toomer is just outside the cute village of Henstridge, with the nearest larger town being Sherborne, about 6 miles away. The countryside in this part of England is beautifully idyllic; classic West Country terrain of rolling green hills and sleepy villages. Blackmore Vale is a lovely place for countryside walks and very close to the farmstay. Nearby too you can find such sights as Sherborne Castle, the spectacular Longleat House and its adjoining Safari Park, plus plenty more, just ask the helpful farmstay owners for advice and recommendations. The farm stay is also near both the Dorset and Cranborne Chase Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, about 15 minutes from the town of Yeovil, about 45 minutes from Glastonbury, and about an hour from Taunton. Golfers will have a choice of four different courses in the area; at Sherborne, Wincanton Racecourse (also horse racing), Yeovil and Folke. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A perfect night’s stay. The host was READ MORE
- The very highly rated Shave Farm B&B is a lovely 200 year old farmhouse on a working dairy farm just off the A303 near Ilminster and the village of Chard, Somerset. They have a range of very clean and comfortable B&B rooms with private bathroom, flat screen TV and WiFi, and there is a cosy shared lounge downstairs with an open fireplace. The friendly owners cook a great breakfast in the morning with a lot of the ingredients coming straight from the farm. And guests are of course free to wander the farm and get to know a bit about farming life, milking the cows, feeding the calves etc. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Enjoyed everything about staying at Shave Farm. Kate and James were brilliant hosts, the accommodation was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was very tasty and it was fun seeing the cows milked….” “Really friendly owners and great breakfast! The place was lovely, well-looked after and very pretty. We liked seeing the goats, chickens and cows and all the outside areas and comfy rooms and sitting/breakfast area….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT SHAVE FARM B&B: READ MORE
- This luxury, boutique, organic farm stay has over forty acres of conservation land just outside Bath near where Somerset meets Gloucestershire in the beautiful South Cotswolds. It offers spacious, stylish courtyard accommodation around a beautifully restored old Cotswold manor house and you can expect high standards of comfort and service. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of accommodation from double rooms to luxury suites with private lounge, or the larger, more family friendly cottage suite. You’ll find all modern conveniences here, including flat screen TV with satellite channels, WiFi, ipod dock, music system etc.. Their very delicious breakfast can be served butler-style to your room every morning, with cooked and continental options that are sourced locally and include organic bacon and sausages from the farm’s own Oxford and Sandy pigs. The hotel also provide a wide range of services including a business centre, room service, concierge service, private check-in/check-out etc. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: The farm is a fully working organic farm that blends seamlessly into the beautiful Cotswolds countryside. The guests are free to roam the farm which has herds of sheep, ponies and some relatively uncommon Oxford and Sandy pigs, which produce a famously succulent bacon which you can try for breakfast. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is roughly equidistance between Bath and Bristol down a country lane in the heart of the South Cotswolds. There are many nice villages in the surrounding area and you’ll have a choice of traditional country pubs as well as some good restaurants and gastro pubs. Upton Cheney for example, would be the nearest to the farm at about a mile down the road, and is a lovely traditional village which is also famous for its hot chilli farm, which you can visit for farm tours and tasting sessions. The owners at Britton’s provide an informal concierge service and will have plenty of good recommendations for things to see and do in the local area. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful set of buildings in the countryside, stunning conversion of outbuildings to provide accommodation. The interior decor is sophisticated READ MORE
- A classic West Country retreat between Taunton and Bridgwater in the heart of beautiful Somerset; Hunstile Organic Farm has a mixture of B&B and self catering accommodation in a wonderfully atmospheric 15th-century farmhouse surrounded by green fields where the friendly owners keep a number of dairy cattle, pigs and around the farmhouse, hens. They also grow vegetables and medicinal herbs on their fully organic farm, and they serve an award winning breakfast each morning with much of the ingredients coming straight from the farm. All their rooms and self catering apartments are cosy, clean and tastefully furnished, all with private bathroom, flat screen TV and WiFi, and there’s a nice shared lounge at the property too, where you can get drinks and snacks all day. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “100% would stay again…in fact, I have just booked again! Beautiful scenery, very friendly staff, room was spacious and the shower was absolutely to die for. Wish I could’ve stayed a bit longer and seen the pigs/chickens/animals, but had to rush off for work….” “Amazing!! The whole place has a lovely wholesome feel to it, will come back again!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT THE HUNSTILE ORGANIC FARM: READ MORE