No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best farm stays & rural retreats in South East England! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com
- Just outside the market town of Emsworth, Hampshire, and close to the cities of Portsmouth and Chichester, this highly rated farm stay has B&B rooms at their farmhouse surrounded by a 16 acre farm that, though no longer a dairy farm, keeps a number of horses and free range hens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The comfortable, clean rooms at the farmhouse are a mixture of doubles and twins, and come with private bathroom, flat screen TV with digital channels, WiFi and a DVD player. They match the standards of a quality boutique B&B and the friendly owners serve a very good breakfast in the morning. THE LOCATION: The Old Dairy Farm is just outside the little town of Emsworth on the shores of Chichester Harbour in the south east of Hampshire. Emsworth is a historic market town with plenty of shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. It is also a popular place for sailing and can be a lively town, especially in summer. There are two tidal millponds on either side of the town that have an abundance of wildlife, as well as the Brook Meadow conservation area to the east of the River Ems. The farm is also just over ten miles from the 12th century cathedral city of Chichester in West Sussex. Chichester has an abundance of history, going back as far as the Romans with it becoming particularly important during the Anglo-Saxon era. Around equidistance is the harbour city of Portsmouth, while the journey from London should take around an hour during normal traffic conditions. There are also regular trains from London, and from Portsmouth and Brighton, to Emsworth station. Note: Only children over the age of 5 are allowed. WHAT READ MORE
- This very popular farm stay is on the Isle of Wight, England, only five miles from the main town of Sandown, and can offer a range of lovely self catering stone cottages and glamping style yurts in beautifully peaceful rural surroundings. The farm itself is quite famous for its production of garlic products, especially, garlic beer! The Accommodation: All their cosy cottages are fully equipped in every way, with a nice kitchen, lounge with TV and WiFi, and varying numbers of bedrooms. The glamping yurts can accommodate up to four people and it too has its own cooking facilities, both inside and out, as well as a seating area and a hammock. There is a farmhouse restaurant at the property too where you can order top quality meals for breakfast and lunch. Outside you’ll find a large garden with barbecue facilities and a full tennis court, surrounded on all sides by green meadows and small patches of woodland. The Farm: Their lovely farm has a number of animals including a herd of highland cattle, hens, guinea fowl and even peacocks. But, what really makes Mersley Farm stand out is garlic. They make a great range of garlic products at the farm, including even a unique garlic beer, which has became very famous in these parts in recent years. They have their own farm shop selling these as well as other good fresh produce, from the farm itself and from other sources on the Isle of Wight. The Location: The area around the farm is idyllic, richly rural farming country; it’s wonderful to explore by bike or on foot and you can find a whole series of footpaths around the farm that READ MORE
- Near Emsworth, Hampshire, and close to the cities of Chichester and Portsmouth, this friendly, welcoming farm stay has luxury glamping huts on its 16 acre farm that keeps a number of horses and free range hens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The glamping tents are in the form of yurts, or what some may possibly describe as teepee style. They come with a king size bed and plenty of space both inside and out where you’ll find a nice private decking area with seating and a gas powered barbecue. Inside the yurt there is also a seating/dining area, a mini ‘pop up’ kitchen, wood burning stove, en-suite bathroom and WiFi. The accommodation is self catering but the friendly owners can provide you with breakfast and dinner hampers as required. Note: Only children over the age of 5 are allowed. THE LOCATION: The farm is in the south east of Hampshire, near the town of Emsworth, a lively market town and a popular venue for sailing, with plenty of cafes, pubs, shops and restaurants. Wildlife spotters and bird watchers might enjoy a day out at nearby Brook Meadow, a wildlife conservation area with 5 acres of grassland and two small rivers surrounded by woods. The city of Chichester in West Sussex with its 12th century cathedral is just over ten miles away, and around the same distance is the city of Portsmouth. London is about an hour away depending on the traffic and there are also numerous trains running from London and Portsmouth to Emsworth station. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Fab stay! Debbie was so welcoming and accommodating (even running us down some ketchup for our bbq!). The Yurts are lovely inside and get so cosy READ MORE
- Lakeside Town Farm has a lovely self-catering cabin for rent, surrounded by award winning gardens and a 300 acre sheep and cattle farm which sits at the foot of the Chilterns in beautiful rural Oxfordshire. THE ACCOMMODATION: The very cute cabin has a fitted kitchen with all the basic modern appliances; fridge, a small hob, a microwave, a kettle and a toaster, plus a lounge with flat screen TV, a double bedroom with king size bed, private bathroom, and outside a nice veranda overlooking the lake. The immediate surroundings are really gorgeous; the farm, with herds of cattle and sheep grazing peacefully, and the immaculate gardens are a joy to stroll around. So immaculate are the gardens in fact that they were once featured on the BBC TV programme Gardeners World. They fill one and a half acres and also include a lake right outside your cabin. And there is plenty of wildlife to be seen around the farm and gardens; woodpeckers, kingfishers, red kites, rabbits and ducks for example. THE LOCATION: Right outside the beautiful gardens and farm you have the rolling hills of the Oxfordshire Chilterns to explore; for many some of England‘s loveliest countryside. There is a host of pretty villages around, too many to mention, and many areas of natural rural beauty. The lovely, very scenic, Aston Rowant National Nature Reserve for example is a particularly good place for bird watching with many relatively uncommon species to be seen; red kites, yellowhammers, firecrests and green woodpeckers, plus a large number of butterfly species. There are also many splendid palaces and stately homes to be visited in the surrounding region; Blenheim Palace in the village of Woodstock, for example, READ MORE
- Just outside the lovely village of Godshill, this is a very peaceful Isle of Wight farmstay with self catering accommodation on a lovely organic farm surrounded by lush green countryside. The Accommodation: They have lovely self catering cottages as well as a glamping style shepherds hut on the farm. You’ll find them all to be clean, comfortable and tastefully furnished. The cottages have two and three bedrooms, a lounge area with flat screen TV and WiFi, bathrooms and a private entrance. The Shepherds Hut is one double bedroom and though obviously a little tight on space it still has a small kitchenette and seating area, and a wood burning stove. It has hot water too and its own private compostable toilet, and you are welcome to use the shower and kitchen facilities at the farmhouse. Though the accommodation is self catering a nice breakfast can be arranged at the main farmhouse each morning for an extra charge. The Farm: The farm is particularly nice, with classic Isle of Wight meadow fields, an orchard grove and a range of animals including horses, sheep, llamas and pigs. There is plenty of outdoor space to relax around the farm too and guests can explore as much as they like and get to meet some of the animals. You’ll find a millpond at the farm too which attracts a wide variety of wildfowl. The Location: The Isle Of Wight, and particularly this location, has much to offer the visitor. The farmstay is right outside the picturesque village of Godshill and within easy reach of many attractions, and a good base for many activities; country walks, cycling, coarse angling, horse riding and golf. The Isle of READ MORE