No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in the South of France! All come with instant booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Near Gordes, Rousillon, Apt and Gargas in the heart of the Luberon region of Provence, France, La Coquillade has 5 star accommodation in a 13th-century wine-making village surrounded by almost 90 acres of vineyards and lavender plants. It is very much a luxury getaway and would feature on any sensible list of the best hotels in Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a choice of 63 different rooms and suites, all of which are spacious and extremely comfortable, and with all modern facilities. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool in the lovely gardens and a very highly rated bistro restaurant serving up a range of Provençal and French specialities as well as some of the best wines in Provence. There is a spa, gym and wellness center which also has an indoor swimming pool, and massage services plus various well-being and beauty treatments are offered. You’ll find a full service of wine tourism at this vineyard hotel; educational vineyard tours, wine tasting sessions etc. are all here, and they can also arrange tours of some of the other wineries in the area as well as lavender farms and distilleries. THE LOCATION: La Coquillade is situated between Luberon and Ventoux in Provence with its nearest city being Avignon. The countryside in this part of France is absolutely gorgeous and very enjoyable to tour around whether by car or by bike, and the hotel has plenty of quality bikes and biking equipment that can be rented by guests. If you’re here in summer you’ll also get a chance to see the above mentioned lavender fields in full bloom. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! The pools, the views, the spa, the food, the staff – everything READ MORE
- This luxury vineyard hotel near Narbonne, Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France, is in the heart of Pays Cathare and the Languedoc Region’s vineyards. It offers 3 star accommodation on a large and highly renowned Gerard Bertrand wine estate surrounded by ancient pine forest and olive groves. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has 38 extremely comfortable rooms, both doubles and four bed family rooms, all of which come with private bathroom, WiFi and flat screen TV. There is also has a lounge bar downstairs, sometimes with live jazz music, and a restaurant ‘L’Art de Vivre’, whose food and drink are of an extremely high quality. There are the extensive grounds to be explored too which include a nice courtyard, gardens and an outdoor swimming pool, along with the adjoining vineyards. THE VINEYARDS: The Château has a full package of wine tourism activities; tasting sessions, vineyards tours etc. You’ll find grape varieties typical of the Languedoc region in the Château vineyards; The whites: Marsane, Roussane, Grenache blanc, Viognier, Vermentino and Bourboulenc. And the reds, Syrah, Carignan, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Grenache. It is such a well known estate that it is something of a destination in itself, and known for the many festivals it hosts; a popular jazz festival in summer, the Art de Vivre Festival in spring and other smaller wine harvesting and truffle gathering celebrations at other times. THE LOCATION: The estate sits in the Massif de la Clape natural reserve, the largest of its kind in Languedoc-Roussillon. The reserve is a mixture of landscapes from vineyards like at Château L’Hospitalet to the garrigue scrub terrain typical of the region as well as forests of oak and pine. The scenery moves through flat plains, plateaus and READ MORE
- Farm Stay Le Mas de la Rose in Provence, France, offers genuine luxury in a gorgeous rural setting surrounded by 75 acres of its own lavender fields, olive groves and pine woodlands. The farm buildings date back to the 17th century and have been beautifully renovated into what is now surely one of the finest hotels in rural Provence. Their fantastic food deserves a special mention too, with much of the fruit, vegetables and herbs involved coming from the adjoining organic gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a range of rooms and suites with the larger suites being able to sleep up to four people, and a self catering apartment which has two bedrooms (one double & one twin), two bathrooms, a lounge and a kitchenette. (Check the booking page here) All the accommodation options are super comfortable and clean and with the same old world elegance you’ll find all around the property. The facilities are modern though; all come with air con, flat screen TV, WiFi and Nespresso coffee makers for example. The outside space is centered around the swimming pool and lawns where you’ll also find a hot tub and lots of seating and sun bathing space. There are tennis courts on the property too and also the organic gardens where the farm owners grow a variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs. All around the 75 acre property there is plenty of space to wander in peace among the lavender plants, olive, cypress and pine trees, and you can also hire bikes for free from the farmhouse. They have a very fine restaurant at Le Mas de la Rose which is quite highly regarded in Provence and where you READ MORE
- This 19th-century château, near Carcassone, has a variety of lovely rustic style, self catering accommodation on a famous Languedoc winery with nearly 300 acres of vineyards and olive groves. Their wines are highly prized and they do a full program of wine tourism activities; tours of the vineyards and wine cellars, tasting sessions etc., but even if you have very little interest in such things Château Canet is still a very pleasant, sociable place to stay with a lovely peaceful setting and plenty to do and see both around the estate and in the surrounding area. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great range of accommodation on offer, mainly cottages but with some small apartments too. All are very charming, comfortable and clean and come in various sizes, with the largest covering 250 m² and which can sleep up to eight comfortably. Check your options on the booking page here. The accommodation mixes rustic and modern styles well, and generally doesn’t stray too far from the traditional French farmhouse look. They are comfortable, homely and well equipped and there is plenty of outside seating, dining and lounging space plus BBQ facilities, a swimming pool, tennis courts, a boules court and a playground for the kids. Beyond the gardens there are some small sections of farmland and woodland but the estate is mainly comprised of vineyards and olive groves. Château Canet is very well known in the region and has won numerous awards for both wine and olive oil with their Minervois (an AOC in this area of Languedoc-Roussillon) being a mixture of whites reds and rosé. Olive oil tasting sessions and educational tours are available as well as a full program READ MORE
- In a tastefully restored 17th century manor farmhouse, Bastide de Mazan offers opulence, beauty and luxury in the heart of Provence, France. It is near the lovely town of Valensole and the spectacular Verdon River Gorge, and it can also be an excellent base for exploring the iconic lavender fields of Luberon. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a selection of B&B rooms ranging from doubles to quadruples. All of them are top hotel standard, smart and cosy, but with some maybe divisive touches of retro chic. The quadruple is the best of all, with a cute little upstairs annex and a very nice private terrace outside. The farmhouse itself is a grand old stone building typical of old Provence and the exteriors have some lovely gardens to explore with lots of artistic flourishes, a pond and a chlorine free swimming pool, and there is plenty of space for lounging, sitting or dining. There is a restaurant and bar at the farm stay, the food and wine are extremely good and the service impeccable. You can start the day with a very fine gourmet breakfast and the evening meals are equally inviting. Much of the ingredients come fresh from the gardens outside; vegetables and various herbs and spices are grown all around. THE LOCATION: Though the hotel will generally be busy enough, the setting of Bastide de Mazan, about an hour north east of Aix-en-Provence, is isolated and peaceful, and it can really make a nice break from some of the touristic villages of Provence, especially in summer. Though the lovely town of Valensole just 10km away is quite popular with tourists. The Bastide makes a great base for exploring the beautiful READ MORE
- This organic farmhouse stay in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France makes for a very relaxing, alternative getaway near Vallon-Pont-d’Arc, a popular tourist town famous for its magnificent gorges and Pont d’Arc. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of B&B rooms and suites to sleep up to three people per room in their traditional French farmhouse. The rooms, and the farmhouse generally are beautifully renovated, with exposed stone walls, arched roofs and well chosen furniture giving a romantically rustic feel to the property. You’ll find the rooms spacious and comfortable, especially the suite which has its own lounge area, and they all come with private bathroom and shower. There’s a nice lounge at the farmhouse too with plenty of comfortable seating and a LCD TV and DVD player. Outside there is plenty of space in the gardens which has an outdoor swimming pool with seats and sun loungers. You’ll be treated to a very fine, fully organic, breakfast every morning in the sociable dining room, and if they want, guests are welcome to use the shared kitchen to cook for themselves throughout the rest of the day. THE FARM: The farm’s main business is in the production of almonds but they also have some other fruit and vegetable groves as well as some sheep. Bruno, the owner, is passionate about organic farming and is always happy to take guests on informal farm tours. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is just outside Vallon-Pont-D’Arc which is a well known destination for the beautiful caves and gorges of Ardèche (Gorges de l’Ardèche), especially the Pont-D’Arc, an iconic 30 meter tall archway. One good way to absorb the grandeur of the gorges is to go on a canoe trip from Vallon Pont READ MORE
- Domaine de Piégros is a beautifully peaceful agritourism estate in a secluded location near Aix-en-Provence. It is in the heart of the Luberon National Park and its famous lavender fields and the farmhouse itself is surrounded by its own lavender fields as well as woodlands, a lake and a full 85 acres of olive groves producing extra virgin olive oil. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is a six bedroom self catering farmhouse gite with a huge amount of space inside and out. It is a traditional farmhouse that has been recently renovated and has a full range of modern conveniences, while also managing to maintain plenty of rural French charm. As well as the six bedrooms (5 doubles and a twin room) there is a large, very well equipped kitchen and two dining areas. There’s also a spacious lounge area and a 250 sq. meter stone terrace outside with seating and dining furniture. A few steps away from the house you’ll also find a nice outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers. There is also a lake in the grounds, a boules pitch, and, as mentioned before, acres of olive groves, lavender fields and woods to explore. It is a working farm but outside of olive harvest time (September to November) the work is fairly low key and you can have as much or as little interaction with the farm work as you wish. THE LOCATION: For visitors looking for a rural retreat in Provence this location is almost unbeatable. The farmhouse is inside the Luberon National Park, possibly Provence’s most serene rural area (you can read about the area and its famous lavender fields here), and to make it even more READ MORE
- A little piece of paradise in Provence; Le Hameau de Pichovet gîte is the ultimate place to experience the beauty and tranquility of this iconic region of France. It has self catering apartments in a lovingly restored old farmhouse surrounded by fields of lavender and sunflower and is the kind of place you will really not want to leave. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are five self catering units in total, to sleep up to eight people each. The property itself is gorgeous; it dates back to 1897 but has been beautifully restored in recent years, and its modern comforts and minimalist decor blend nicely with the traditional Provençal farmhouse feel. All the accommodation is spacious and super clean with good size lounges and practical kitchens. The outside space is a real highlight though, with lovely gardens overlooking the peaceful valley below. There is plenty of space to sit and dine outside as well as barbecue facilities, sun loungers and two swimming pools. The place is surrounded the classic Provence lavender and sunflower fields and though the gîte itself doesn’t harvest its own lavender they keep bees and make a nice line of lavender honey. The accommodation is all self catering but the friendly owners are always around and for an extra fee they can prepare a very nice breakfast basket for you and some equally good evening meals too. THE LOCATION: Though Provence is full of the promise of rural idyll many parts of it can be a little busy with tourists, especially over the summer. But not around here; Le Hameau de Pichovet is in a relatively undiscovered corner of Provence and is a really superb place to get away from it all. READ MORE
- Domaine de Murtoli is a truly magnificent luxury agriturismo/farm stay retreat near to both Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio, in southern Corsica, France. They offer accommodation in beautifully restored 17th-century stone cottages with quaint timbered ceilings, antique furniture and stunning views all around. Outside there are private swimming pools, beautiful gardens with sea views, and an almost 5000 acre estate which includes a working farm, a spa, golf course and private beach area. It is an exclusive, and very popular, place which has won numerous awards over the years. Unsurprisingly it books out very quickly so you’re advised to reserve well ahead of time. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are 19 cottages/villas of various sizes to choose from, from one bedroom to three, to sleep up to 8 people. All of them are beautifully presented and carefully furnished with antiques and various bits and pieces that enhance the rustic charm of the sturdy stone walls and wood timbered ceilings. All are self catering and have fully equipped kitchens with traditional stone sinks. Each cottage is nestled away in its own little section of the estate and offers great privacy. They each have a furnished terrace area outside and their own private swimming pool. There are two restaurants on the estate, one by the beach which is open in summer and inland on the estate which opens in winter. Breakfast is not included in the rate but for an extra fee you can treat yourself to a great breakfast at the restaurant if you’re not in the mood for cooking. It is open throughout the day and the food, and the wine, will not disappoint. There is a spa at the resort too, with steam READ MORE
- 1,000 meters high in the Catalan Pyrénées-Orientales department of Languedoc-Roussillon, France, and just outside the village of Prats-de-Mollo-la-Preste, Mas El Casal farmstay has a stunning setting for its working cattle farm and traditional stone farmhouse where guests will be welcomed with the best in hospitality and comfort. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their spacious rooms are rustically stylish and come with en suite bathroom, air conditioning, flat screen satellite TV, WiFi, a seating area plus an outdoor terrace with beautiful views over the valley below. It’s B&B and you’ll be treated to a very good and generous breakfast in the morning, with fresh bread, fruit juices, homemade jams cakes, yoghurts and more. And if guests feel like cooking for themselves later during the day they can also have access to the farmhouse kitchen. The farm is a working beef cattle farm, with lush green pastures and meadows, and comes with incredible views over the surrounding valleys. THE LOCATION: As mentioned before, the main attraction of this farm stay is the location, the views are breathtaking from the farm itself and there are some great hiking trails around that go all around the mountains. You could really spend days exploring the trails around the farm, or just sitting on the grass contemplating the beauty of it all. It’s also about five kilometres from the centre of the very pretty Catalan town(s) of Prats-de-Mollo-la-Preste. The Prats-de-Mollo section has a lovely old town with cobblestone streets and stylish squares guarded from above by the impressive medieval walls of Fort Lagarde, and a 14th-century round tower. The fort is a bit of a climb from the town centre but has amazing views. La Preste is the adjoining, more modern part READ MORE
- A slice of rural luxury near Aix-en-Provence, Domaine de Fontenille has 17 rooms in a beautifully atmospheric 18th century mansion house surrounded by its own vineyards. It is in the pretty village of Lauris, along the Durance River, which, though very near Aix-en-Provence, happily doesn’t see the same magnitude of tourists as much of the rest of the region. Domaine de Fontenille has a long reputation as a wine producing estate, with its first harvest being all the way back in 1638 but these days it is most well known for its Michelin star awarded restaurant; Le Champ des Lunes, and in general for being one of the finest boutique luxury hotels in rural Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has just 17 rooms in total (check the booking page here) and so is a somewhat intimate place. They run from standard doubles, through family rooms to top of the range suites all of which you will find spacious and elegant with high ceilings, wooden floors and tastefully rustic furniture. Perks include extra large beds, music systems, sound proofing and some particularly nice bathrooms, most of which will have traditional bathtubs along with modern showers. All of the rooms and suites are B&B, or just B as the breakfast is not included in the room rate (though it is worth the extra € 21 charge), but for self caterers they also have a nice two bedroom apartment which has full kitchen facilities, a good sized lounge and its own private garden. The building itself is quite lovely with plenty of common areas to relax in; lounges, library areas and of course their two restaurants: Fine dining can be enjoyed at the Le READ MORE
- Le Mas de Peint has luxury farmhouse hotel accommodation hidden away in the wild Camargue region of southern Provence, between Marseille and Montpellier, and near to both Arles and Aix-en-Provence. The estate is huge, there is a full 1250 acres of it to explore and can done on horseback. They keep a number of those iconic Camargue Horses at Le Mas de Peint and horse riding tours can be arranged, as can 4WD and mountain bike tours. The gardens are beautifully kept too with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of areas to relax. Beyond both the gardens and the farm you are in the middle of some beautifully natural countryside with wild flamingos to be seen among the salt marshes, rice fields and hidden beaches. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 13 luxury double rooms and suites that are tastefully and carefully designed in traditional style; where antique furniture and wood beamed ceilings sit easily with modern comforts and facilities. As well as the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool there is a top class restaurant at the farmhouse which serves up some extremely good authentic Provençal food, food which is accompanied by a great selection of wines. You can enjoy your meal in the dining room or on the terrace outside. The breakfast is excellent too, though sadly you need to pay extra for it, i.e. it’s not included in the room rate. The huge ranch is great for exploring. You can head out hiking or biking by yourself, mountain bikes are available for hire, as are massage services for any aching limbs afterwards, or you can join 4WD ‘Safari’ or horseback riding tours which go beyond READ MORE
- La Ferme D’Augustin is a top quality agritourism farm stay hotel right on the French Riviera. It is near Saint Tropez and even nearer the famously beautiful, five kilometer long, Tahiti beach at Pampelonne Bay. It makes for a thoroughly relaxing stay in the south of France and you’ll find the service top class with the food being a particular highlight. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of standard and superior B&B rooms as well as larger suites, to sleep from one to four people each. All are nicely decorated and come with en-suite bathroom, WiFi, air-conditioning, flat screen cable TV, mini-bar and room safe. Some of the larger rooms and suites also come with various extras such as whirlpool jacuzzi baths, hammam type showers and private terraces or balconies. The largest suite of all; the top floor superior suite, also has a tremendous views over Pampelonne Bay from its private terrace. The grounds are beautiful too; with well tended gardens filled with various flowers and plants and an outdoor swimming pool. The pool is a balneo spa type pool; it’s good for swimming but also includes features such as hydromassage jet streams, shower cascades and various jacuzzi effects. It has a glass cover too and is kept at a constant 28 degrees centigrade year round. There is a homely lounge area at the farmhouse with an open fire and comfortable sofas, and they have a terrific onsite bar and restaurant; La Table d’Augustin. The head chef is a Provence native and an enthusiastic exponent of using fresh local, seasonal, produce as much as possible in his highly rated dishes. They are always happy to cater for dietary restrictions too, READ MORE
- Domaine de Gressac is a luxury organic agriturismo vineyard hotel/farm stay gite, near Avignon in the south of France, which is part winery part horse breeding farm. The accommodation is in the form of luxury, self catering, old stone cottages, the property, both inside and out, is nothing short of gorgeous, and is surrounded by a full 280 acre estate comprising of vineyard, pastureland, woodland and even a river beach. THE ACCOMMODATION: The gites are in the form of very charming stone cottages, with the largest being able to sleep up to 7 people. They are all built quite recently from the stones and beams of the old farmhouse which was lying in ruins before the present owners lovingly restored the entire place. Though technically new in that case, the gites feel thoroughly authentic, like classic south of France farm cottages but with very much modern levels of comfort and facilities. The furniture and fittings are all nicely chosen, though mainly contemporary they don’t seem to detract from the beautifully rustic feel of the property. They all have plenty of space, with good sized lounge & sitting areas, plush kitchens and bathrooms, and come with all mod cons; flat screen TV, air-con, WiFi etc. Beautiful as the gites are, the estate that surrounds them is even more impressive. There are the lovingly tended gardens and lawns with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for lounging around. Then there are the vineyards, from which the owners produce a range of reds, whites and rosés, all of which are organic. There is an on-site winery at the property too; the entire process is done in house and you can arrange READ MORE
- Near both Gordes and Ménerbes, in Provence’s Luberon region, La Bastide du Marie is a gorgeous property; a beautifully restored 18th century manor house surrounded by 57 acres of vineyards, gardens, olive trees and lavender groves. It offers very much a luxury experience but rooted in authenticity; the entire space, both the building and the grounds are immaculately kept and display a great deal of historical elegance. There are two swimming pools here, spa facilities, a winery and an excellent restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation ranges from Classic double/twin rooms through to what they term the Bastide double/twin rooms and the Marie double suites to a fantastic private villa in the grounds that can sleep up to ten people in its 5 en-suite double bedrooms. The Bastide rooms have a more opulent feel than the Classics and are slightly more expensive though they are roughly the same size at 25 sq. meters. They are all beautifully decorated and furnished with a nod to the Provence of the past; lovely old stone walls, antique furniture, elegant soft furnishings and pastel shades abound. The bathrooms are lovely too and all come with a traditional standing bathtub. The suites have the same beautifully rustic old Provence feel but, at around 50 sq. meters, have twice the space to enjoy. If you have a larger group the spacious private villa is a wonderful place to stay. It has 5 en-suite double bedrooms, a lounge, a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, a private terrace, and its own outdoor swimming pool. THE FOOD & THE WINE: The food here has an excellent reputation from the breakfast to the lavish evening meals. You can book B&B, or include a lunch and dinner package on READ MORE
- Beside the popular ski resort town of Formiguères, Languedoc-Roussillon, southern France, the highly rated Le Calmadou farmstay has self catering accommodation on its working sheep farm where it produces its own range of cheeses. The surrounding countryside is peaceful and serene and the views from the farm are spectacular. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their very comfortable 95 square meter self catering apartment is part of a converted barn with traditional wooden beamed ceilings and can host up to 8 people. There are three bedrooms (two doubles and a twin), a lounge area with sofa bed and flat screen TV, a modern, fully equipped kitchen, two bathrooms and a 15 square meter outside terrace area. THE FARM: The farm is a fully working sheep farm producing and selling a good range of home made cheeses, yoghurts and spicy merguez sausages. Being at an altitude of 1500 meters the winters here are cold and so the sheep move indoors to the barns but the hospitable farm owners are always happy to offer tours of the farm and the cheese factory whatever time of year you arrive. THE LOCATION: Formiguères is a popular ski town and the farmstay is just 4km from the nearest slopes, so the location is ideal for winter sports. When the season ends it is also a great area for hiking, rock climbing and mountain biking. The wider area is part of the Parc Regional de Catalan Pyrenees which is a wonderful area to explore, full of wild scenery, mountains, lakes, including the famous glacial lake at Engolasters, and thick green forests. The borders with both Spain and Andorra are less than 20km away and so the region is also a popular READ MORE
- Near the beautiful city of Carcassonne, in the old Languedoc Roussillon region (now Occitanie) of France. This lovely, very friendly, boutique vineyard hotel is surrounded by the farm’s own grapevines and guests are free to wander the vineyards and enjoy wine tasting in the company of the extremely knowledgeable hosts. The rooms here are super clean and comfortable with private bathroom and WiFi but the real draw here is the wine and the food. The hosts are very enthusiastic about both, and they are great cooks. They produce some amazing meals shared by all the guests in an informal atmosphere, and washed down of course with generous helpings of their own quality wine. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The hosts made us feel like family. Wonderful, delicious meals. Very comfortable bed. We would love to stay there again!…” “Fantastic location. Fantastic facilities. Fantastic food. Fantastic people! Loved the tour and my wine has been delivered already! Thank you….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT O’VINEYARDS B&B: READ MORE
- In the deeply rural east of Provence, just over 40km from Cannes and the French Riviera, La Ferme Constantin has rustic accommodation in a classic old Provençal farmhouse recently renovated by its owners. It is a tranquil, peaceful place with friendly owners and an earthy, back to nature atmosphere. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have double and twin rooms at the farmhouse, all of which are pleasant and comfortable and nicely decorated in traditional style. Check your options on the booking page here. Outside there is the terrace area where you can lounge in one of the hammocks, light a barbecue or dine al fresco, and beyond that you have the peaceful gardens and the farm to explore. The farm plays host to goats, rabbits and the family dogs, as well as vegetable gardens and fruit trees. The accommodation is B&B and you will be treated to a lovely fresh breakfast in the morning with some of the ingredients coming straight from the farm. Your friendly hosts love to cook and can also provide tasty lunches and dinners at their informal farm-to-table restaurant. Guests can also tour the farm and help out with farm tasks if they wish including collecting the ingredients for their meals. THE LOCATION: The farm is near the little town of Fayence which has come nice shops, restaurants and cafes, in the heart of rural east Provence. There is much to explore in the area and your hosts will have plenty of recommendations. There are some lovely hilltop villages nearby for example and lots of scenic hiking trails. Other outdoor activities can be arranged too such as horse riding, rowing, glider flying, fishing etc. etc. You will find READ MORE
- La Bastide du Tinal is a beautiful property; a classic Provençal farmhouse updated with modern comforts and luxuries, but retaining an authentic, rustic charm. The setting is postcard perfect too; on a hillside surrounded by lavender and olive groves, the views from the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool are blissful. The food is another major draw at La Bastide, having a range classic dishes from the South of France with much of the ingredients picked fresh from the gardens outside. THE ACCOMMODATION: The property is an 18th century former magnanery (silk farm) and has a a choice of luxury rooms with traditional exposed stone walls. Four of them are doubles and one can sleep up to four, with one double bed and two singles in adjoining spaces. All of rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed and worthy of any top hotel in Provence or indeed anywhere else in France. They all come with a seating area, satellite TV, WiFi and iPod dock, and the very plush bathrooms are a particular highlight. Outside there is one acre of grounds to be explored which have lavender plants, olive and almond trees, and various vegetables, fruits and herbs. There are two swimming pools and a jacuzzi/hot tub too, and, as mentioned above, the views over the surrounding fields and vineyards towards Mont Ventoux and Gordes are simply wonderful. The on site restaurant, Le Petit Lucullus, is very well respected in Provence, and apart from the generous breakfast which is included in the room rate you can treat yourself to some fabulous meals throughout the day, paired with some equally great wines. There is a nice dining room inside or if you wish you READ MORE