No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best luxury agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels near Siena & Val d’Orcia, Tuscany! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Just outside the beautiful hilltop town of Pienza, Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Casapicchiata is a very highly rated farm stay that has comfortable B&B rooms in a traditional Tuscan farmhouse surrounded by acres of wheat fields, olive groves, lavender and cypress trees. The views are tremendous too and it is in a perfect location for further exploration of this fabled sub-region of Tuscany; Val ‘Orcia. THE ACCOMMODATION: All the rooms are rustically stylish, with tiled floors, antique furniture and classic bed frames, and they all come with nice private bathrooms. This farm stay comes with lots of other niceties too; a spa & wellness center with massage services, a fitness center, a small indoor swimming pool, a hot tub and a solarium. They know how to look after their guests here and they can also provide a number of other, more practical, services; babysitting, laundry and maid services for example. Their food is tremendous, and not only the breakfast; the friendly owners cook up some great locally sourced food (Much from their own farm) in the evenings too which can be shared with other guests in the farm’s ‘family and friends only’ informal restaurant. THE LOCATION: The lovely Pienza is of course very much on the Tuscan tourist trail and there are innumerable other lovely small towns nearby too; Bagno Vignoni, Montacino, Rocca d’Orcia to name just a few. In between too of course you have some classic Val d’Orcia/Southern Tuscany countryside to enjoy (you’ll find a special section on Val d’Orcia on this page). You can hire bikes from the farm to head out exploring if you wish, and/or they can also arrange some wonderful horse riding trips which take you around the local area and some of the more hidden, less touristy areas of Val d’Orcia. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing location right at the heart of Val d’Orcia, within driving distance of many central locations of Tuscany. Beautiful place with warmhearted owners….” “Excellent property, the owner was very kind and helpful. The breakfast was great and we fell in love with the location (and the dog!)….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO READ MORE
- Near the hilltop town of Volterra, Tuscany, Rifugio Dei Sogni is a warm and homely agriturismo B&B with a swimming pool and superb panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and of Volterra itself. The farm produces its own organic wine and extra virgin olive oil which you can sample, and buy to take home, and every morning you can look forward to a fabulously fresh and tasty Tuscan breakfast. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have five double rooms and one triple to choose from (check your options on the booking page here). All are in classic Tuscan farmhouse style but with modern comforts, WiFi, flat screen TV, air-con and mini bar for example. Outside they all have some semi-private space including table and chairs. The views from the property are stunning. The gorgeous Tuscan countryside is laid out before you with the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra looking down from a nearby hilltop. There is plenty of space around the gardens to lounge around in and to enjoy the great views from, and there is a nice outdoor swimming pool there too. It is a working farm and produces eight different wines, extra virgin olive oil and fruits such as cherries, lemons and apricots. All of it is organic and the owners are also committed to sustainability practices; solar panels, harvests of rainwater for irrigation etc. They are enthusiastic about organic, eco-friendly farming and are always happy to show guests around and to teach them a little on what goes in to the production of their wine and olive oil. The breakfast at Rifugio Dei Sogni is fresh, varied and generous, including some excellent, freshly ground coffee. There is a bar at the farmhouse too where you can enjoy some of their wine and other drinks plus various homemade snacks and small dishes throughout the day. THE LOCATION: The agriturismo is just a kilometer and a half from the gorgeous hilltop town of Volterra, one of the most famous hilltop towns in Tuscany. It was an important Etruscan city, with origins dating all the way back to the 8th century BC. It maintained its importance right through medieval times when most of READ MORE
- In the rolling hills south of Siena, Tuscany, Italy, pet friendly Tenuta di Corsano has a series of self-catering apartments in a classic 17th century farmhouse surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and vegetable plots. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rustic apartments are cosy and comfortable with a kitchen and a lounge area and a choice of one, two and three bedrooms. They are traditional style with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings and all have WiFi, satellite TV, a kitchenette and living area. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and extensive gardens, and the whole property has really lovely views over the surrounding countryside. Though the accommodation is self catering, both breakfast and even meals can also be arranged. THE FARM: It is a working farm with a busy trade in grapes and olives as well as many vegetables that make up some of the ingredients of their excellent home made food. The food at Ville di Corsano is of a very high standard and guests are generally very impressed by their hearty, healthy Tuscan dishes. If you find yourself equally impressed you can arrange cooking classes at the farmhouse which feature some of these same Tuscan specialities. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is on a wonderfully peaceful hillside but still just steps away from the little village of Ville di Corsano. Ville di Corsano is a very cute little place with a population of just 200, and has a church, a shop, a very good restaurant and a small winery. This surrounding area is of course classic rural Tuscany and all of it is fantastic to explore. You’ll find many hiking routes and nature trails around, and there is the nearby Alto Merse Nature Reserve, about 10km from the farmstay. There are many classically beautiful Tuscan towns around too, as well as historical sights and an abundance of food and wine tourism. The friendly farmstay owners at Tenuta di Corsano can give you lots of tips and recommendations, and they can organize tours and various other services such as car hire, bicycle hire, babysitting and transfers from the lovely city of Siena just 16km to the north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This place READ MORE
- Agriturismo Humile offers true romantic escape, in the heart of the Val d’Orcia, near Siena. The property is a restored 18th century farmhouse in a classic Italian rural idyll and, with just three boutique suites on offer, the atmosphere is one of great peace and tranquility. The farmhouse is beautifully designed and decorated and retains a lovely rustic ambience while not compromising on modern comforts and facilities. Outside you have a swimming pool and a hot tub at your disposal in the nicely tended gardens. The entire property is proudly eco-friendly and the farm is fully organic, producing extra virgin olive oil as well as various vegetables and herbs along permaculture principles. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have three very lovely suites to choose from, all of which are extremely spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. There is a double bed in each plus a seating/lounge area very nice private bathrooms. Two of the suites are downstairs and have their own private entrance with one being upstairs, accessed through the farmhouse, which has the advantage of having nice views over the surrounding countryside. The thoughtful interior design works beautifully in the suites and throughout the property. It is very much a boutique hotel, while also maintaining strongly its rustic farmhouse essence, and though classically minimalist it has lots of lovely little touches and careful attention to detail throughout. The agriturismo is very environmentally conscious and so they forgo air conditioning for fans (though they do have central heating in winter) and don’t have for example TVs and mini fridges in the rooms (though you are of course very welcome to use the fridge in the farm kitchen) The gardens outside are equally nice, with plenty of seating space, a swimming pool and a hot tub, and is surrounded by the olive groves and vegetable gardens that make up the farm. THE FARM: The farm is fully organic and is maintained on permaculture principles. They grow a range of fruit and vegetables here as well as herbs and medicinal plants and they produce their own excellent quality organic extra virgin olive oil. They make some great fresh fresh food at this agriturismo, their breakfasts are READ MORE
- In a picture perfect, hillside setting outside the town of Castellina in Chianti near Siena, Agriturismo Querceto Di Castellina has self catering cottages on a busy, eco-friendly, working farm which produces high quality organic wines, grappa and extra virgin olive oil. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great choice of rustic 15th-century cottages, all with kitchen, lounge and dining area, WiFi and flat screen TV with satellite channels. In the grounds you will find a nice outdoor swimming pool too and well kept gardens surrounded by the farms acres of vineyards and olive groves. It has its own boutique winery and a feature of a stay here is their excellent wine tasting sessions. The food too is highly rated, as are their popular cooking classes at the farmhouse where guests can learn how to prepare a whole host of traditional Tuscan dishes. They have various snacks and small food items available throughout the day too at their wine and cheese bar. Pets are allowed at no extra charge, they have an outdoor play area for children, and have a range of extra services like bicycle hire, breakfast delivered to your room, special diet menus etc. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARD: This family-run is in the finest Tuscan agriturismo tradition, it offers top quality service while also keeping busy producing organic wines and olive oil. Its vineyards are high on a hilltop in ideal conditions for producing its highly rated organic Chianti Classicos; L’aura Chianti Classico and Sei Chianti Classico Gran Selezione. Their vineyard and boutique winery can be visited and you can learn a lot from the owners about what goes in to producing top quality organic wines. They produce some good grappa and extra virgin olive oil too which can be sampled at the farmstay and you can of course, just like the wine, buy some to take home. THE LOCATION: The famously beautiful countryside of Tuscany and especially Chianti has been enticing visitors both domestic and foreign for generations now. Its fertile farms have been producing a lot of Italy‘s best wines for hundreds READ MORE
- Just a few minutes from San Gimignano, the 17th century era Agriturismo Mormoraia is consistently among Tuscany’s most highly rated agriturismi. It is a beautiful property surrounded by organic wine and extra-virgin olive oil producing farmland, it has gorgeous views of the San Gimignano towers and surrounding countryside, elegant, luxurious accommodation, fabulous food, an outdoor swimming pool, and a spa and wellness centre. Among the animals that call the farm home are horses, ponies, donkeys, goats, sheep, ducks and hens, and guests can enjoy activities such as horse riding, e-biking, hiking, cooking classes, wine and olive oil tasting. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Agriturismo has 30, very tastefully renovated, units varying in size and features from their entry level 16 m² (172 square feet) Classic Doubles to 70 m² Family Suites to sleep 4 and a 110 m² Self Catering 3 Bed Villa to sleep up to 6. Their most romantic suites, most might agree, are the Deluxe Double Rooms with Jacuzzi. None of the accommodation at Mormoraia will disappoint though: even their most basic rooms are thoroughly elegant affairs and come with all modern luxury hotel conveniences. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Their breakfast is an enormous buffet with a mix of Tuscan, Italian and international, including some delectable cakes and sweet stuff. The property’s restaurant is open all day and mainly serves Tuscan traditional accompanied by a selection of the farm’s own organic wines. In the summer dining goes al-fresco on the terrace to create a quintessential Tuscan scene with the towers of San Gimignano in the distance Wine tasting, cellar and vineyard tours are available as are olive oil tastings and cooking classes. You can also go also horse riding, hiking and e-biking at Mormoraia and tour their extensive farm. Other facilities include a swimming pool in the beautifully tended gardens, a sauna, a Turkish bath and a beauty and wellness centre with a menu of various massages and health and beauty treatments. LOCATION: Mormoraia is equidistance between Siena and Florence, at a little under an hour from each, and just minutes away from the spectacular town of San Gimignano. The agriturismo is not served by public transport, but READ MORE
- Very near the famous town of San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Macinatico is a wonderful rural escape that has great views of the town’s iconic medieval towers and of the surrounding countryside. It makes its own top quality extra virgin olive oil and wine which you can enjoy sampling in some beautifully tended gardens or lounging by its outdoor swimming pool. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a total of self catering apartments are large and spacious with varying numbers of bedrooms that can sleep up to ten people. They are also clean and very comfortable, with private bathroom, flat screen TV with satellite channels, full kitchen and a lounge area. The owners are very hospitable and friendly and you’ll be welcomed on your arrival with a food hamper containing some basic essentials, bread, coffee etc. plus some nice home made pastries, biscuits and other treats. Outside in the lovely gardens you’ll find barbecue facilities, a kids playground and an outdoor swimming pool with views of the San Gimignano towers. The views from the farm stay are spectacular; you can lay back and enjoy the San Gimignano towers, the vineyards, and all that gorgeous Tuscan landscape while just sitting back at the edge of the pool. THE FARM & VINEYARD: The have acres of vineyards and olive groves surrounding the farmhouse. They produce their own quality cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and various wines here, and they have a small farm shop which sells both, with wines such as Vernaccia Macinatico and Massi DOCG, Toscana Bianco and Rosso IGT, Chianti and Disciplinare Chianti, to name just a few, plus many other good local foodstuffs. You’ll find the owners friendly and enthusiastic and very much experts on the subject of food and wine. Make sure you ask them for a free tour of their vineyards and production lines. THE LOCATION: Just 6 km from one of Tuscany’s most popular tourist towns, San Gimignano, but still gorgeously silent, peaceful and rural, Agriturismo Macinatico has an undeniably good location. For those of you not yet familiar, this very historic town is on the itinerary of pretty much every visitor to rural Tuscany, so much so READ MORE
- With spectacular views of San Gimignano, Tuscany, this lovely traditional farm stay has pet friendly B&B rooms and self-catering accommodation on an organic family farm and vineyard. It’s a homely, friendly place which produces quality wine and extra virgin olive oil, and keeps farm animals too. The food though is the real highlight at Fattoria San Donato, they have a traditional, organic, Tuscan restaurant which serves up some of the best fresh food around, much of which comes from their own farm. If you are impressed with the cooking, as you undoubtedly will, you can also arrange some excellent cooking classes with chef and owner, Federica. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have some nice self catering apartments, and B&B double rooms with private bathroom. All of them are spacious and decorated with a rustic, traditional, Tuscan style. The apartments have two double bedrooms, but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge that can be converted into another double for two extra guests. The lounge is large and comes with a kitchenette too. You can enjoy some really fantastic food and wine at the farm restaurant including a lavish buffet breakfast in the mornings and various meals throughout the day. And, as mentioned above, cooking classes can be arranged too. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool in the large gardens where you can also play table tennis and the kids can enjoy the playground. And all of this with really stunning views of the surrounding countryside, including those iconic towers of San Gimignano. There’s a lot going on in their busy organic farm, it has farm animals; goats, pigs, hens and ducks, and grows vegetables, herbs and fruits including olives and of course grapes. Around the edges of the farm there are patches of woodland that lead on into the Castelvecchio Nature Reserve which has some rugged scenery and lots of local wildlife. The family are always happy to show guests around the farm and the cellars, and to show them how they make their wines, oils and various other food products. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some tasting sessions too. THE LOCATION: The family are also always happy to READ MORE
- Tenuta di Petriolo is a gorgeous vineyard hotel situated in Torrita di Siena, Tuscany, conveniently near to both Siena and Arezzo. The estate dates back to the 1700s and the imposing manor house has beautifully decorated interiors; wood beamed and frescoed ceilings, antique furniture and ancient wine cellars which resonate history and an old fashioned sense of class and style. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of spacious B&B rooms, ranging from doubles to quadruples. All of them are classically decorated in keeping with the historical atmosphere of the property, and offer style and opulence belonging to a different era, though with modern conveniences like flat screen TV and WiFi. All the accommodation is B&B and the buffet breakfast is generous, varied and fresh. The manor house is large and there is plenty of common space to explore with lounge and dining space and even a lovely little chapel. And also externally where you’ll find patios, well tended gardens, a swimming pool and rows of vines and olive trees. There are fifteen acres of Sangiovese grape vineyards in total that have, since 1974, been supplying Chianti DOCG Colli Senesi and Chardonnay. You are of course welcome to sample some, and to buy to take home, and you can also arrange tours of the vineyards and the wine cellars in the company of the friendly and enthusiastic staff and owners. THE LOCATION: Tenuta di Petriolo is just outside the town of Torrita di Siena in the heart of Val di Chiana. (You can read more about the area here) This is a particularly lovely part of rural Tuscany and is a convenient base for visiting some important historical towns and cities, being just 45km from the city of Siena, 18km from Pienza and just 12km from the town of Montepulciano. There are also many other historical towns in the surroundings, too many to mention really, and the whole area is a pleasure to tour around, though of course you may also be tempted to just stay put at the hotel such is the beauty of the place! The nearest airport is Perugia San Francesco d’Assisi Airport, but both Florence and Pisa airports are also READ MORE
- The very highly rated Agriturismo Renaccino near Siena, Tuscany, is well known in the local area for breeding thoroughbred riding horses, but also provides rustic self catering accommodation in traditional cottage style apartments. The owners are helpful and friendly and the countryside surrounding is typically Tuscan, but also quiet and peaceful despite being less than 10km from the much visited city of Siena. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice of one and two bed apartments to sleep a maximum of four people. They are in traditional Tuscan farmhouse style, romantic and cosy with a well equipped kitchen and lounge, WiFi and TV. Outside in the gardens and lawns there is plenty of seating/outdoor dining space and a salt water swimming pool. You’ll find the owners of Agriturismo Renaccino extremely helpful and friendly, and you can quite quickly feel like you’re part of the family. Though they don’t cook a breakfast for you but every morning they do provide a daily generous selection of what a Tuscan might call ‘basic food staples’ but what for outside visitors is more like a sumptuous hamper of fresh food: eggs, cheeses, various breads, salami, some delicious homemade cakes, and more. Guests are welcome to take a look around the farm and can learn a little about horse breeding from the enthusiastic horse loving owners. It is a thoroughbred breeding farm so they are quite sensibly careful with the animals, which means they don’t allow horse riding or provide horse riding lessons, but you can get up close and admire these beautiful creatures just the same. THE LOCATION: The agriturismo is super convenient for the famously beautiful and historic city of Siena, less than 10km away, and just to the north of the equally famously beautiful Val d’Orcia, which, like Siena, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a place steeped in important medieval history. Towns like Montalcino, Castiglion d’Orcia, Pienza and many, many more live and breath that history and the countryside in between is a rural wonderland of rolling green hills and winding roads. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Location, value, owner, gardens. The place is perfection….” “Sabrina’s place is just amazing! Super beautiful and READ MORE
- Il Castagnolino is a classic Tuscany agriturismo with high quality B&B accommodation, fantastic food and lovely views of San Gimignano and the Tuscan Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 6 rooms are traditional style, with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings. They’re clean and comfortable and come with private bathroom and WiFi. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and gardens with plenty of place to relax looking out on to the countryside below. The breakfast is buffet style and includes, amongst many other things, a nice selection of homemade jams, yoghurts and cakes. You can also enjoy a full 4 course Tuscan meal every evening at the restaurant with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm. Guests are also welcome to join the daily cooking classes, where you can learn to make a range of Tuscan and Italian staple dishes. THE FARM: Organic olives, and other fruit, vegetables and spices are grown on the small farm. As mentioned previously the owners make some of their fine homemade food from the farm produce, and guests can sample some at meal times, learn to cook with it, and buy some to take home from the on-site organic shop. THE LOCATION: Agriturismo Il Castagnolino is just 3km outside San Gimignano, Tuscany, it is also less than 30km from the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra, while the cities of Siena and Florence are both about 50 to 60km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Nothing in life is perfect but this stay with Carmela was very very close. The location with its views were breathing taking and Carmela’s home local cooking & breakfast was just wonderful. Her staff were always friendly and helpful. Thank you for such a memorable holiday….” “Beautiful home cooked food, stunning location, peaceful and tranquil. A warm welcome from a lovely lady. Perfect….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO IL CASTAGNOLINO: READ MORE
- Castello La Leccia is certainly more than your average farmstay agriturismo, even Tuscan agriturismo. It is a restored medieval hamlet with an eleventh century castle on a working organic vineyard and olive farm, and is a truly luxurious place with some stunning views over the Chianti Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: It is high on a hill between Siena and Florence, near the town of Castellina in Chianti, and has lovely views from the terrace of the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Their rooms and plush, comfortable and stylish but retain the rustic charm of a traditional Tuscan manor farmhouse. There have a very highly regarded restaurant at the agriturismo too where they provide a generous breakfast, and, throughout the day, some great local Tuscan dishes and of course a good selection of local wine, including of course their own. THE FARM & VINEYARD: The castle has an enviable hilltop position with great views over the Chianti countryside, included in that countryside are some of its hillside vineyards, sitting at between 300 and 500 meters above sea level and with a south-south west exposure they are ideally situated to produce some excellent own brand Chianti Classico. Most of the grapes are Sangiovese but they also produce small amounts of Merlot, Petit Verdot and Syrah. They produce a lot of their own brand olive oil too from groves surrounding the castle. You can arrange tasting sessions of the oil and of course the wine, tour the vineyards and the olive groves and have an interesting look at some of the production processes involved. THE LOCATION: The immediate location is spectacular with stunning views over the countryside. And the countryside is typically beautiful Chianti, Tuscany. It is also right beside the equally beautiful, and historic, town of Castellina in Chanti. The medieval era walled town of Radda in Chianti is nearby as well, and about 20 km to the north will take you to Greve in Chianti, the central town of the region which has much to offer the visitor in terms of history, and food and drink. At Castello La Leccia Agriturismo you’ll be about half an hour’s drive from the lovely city of Siena, and READ MORE
- On a 60 hectacre working organic farm producing extra virgin olive oil and award winning red and white wines, this delightful Agriturismo near San Gimignano and the cities of Siena and Florence, Tuscany, has a lovely hillside setting with tremendous views over the surrounding countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: They offer a range of rustic style self-catering apartments, which have wood beamed ceilings and terracotta floors, a living room/lounge area and a kitchen plus their own private garden with seating. There is a lot of lovely space outside, with a swimming pool, a playground and plenty of space to dine or to relax and just take in the Tuscan sun, surrounded by the vineyards and olive groves. THE FARM, THE FOOD & THE WINE: Their farm is a full 60 acres of vineyard and olive groves and has won awards for its wine, both whites and reds as well as that Tuscan classic dessert wine, Vin Santo. It also produces a large amount of extra virgin olive oil, with around 2500 olive trees on the farm. All of it is organic which requires an extra level of care and attention and the owners are happy to share some of the secrets with guests. They do full tours of the farm, the winery and the production lines, and their enthusiasm for the craft is infectious. Of course you are welcome to buy some of their produce to take home or you can even arrange to have it shipped home for you after your departure. THE LOCATION: Even by Tuscan standards this farmstay has an enviable location being just three kilometers from the gorgeous medieval town of San Gimignano. It is surrounded by classically beautiful Tuscan countryside, and being nearly 350 meters above sea level, the views are quite special, and make it a quite inspiring place for painters and photographers. It is also on the ancient pilgrimage route; the Via Francigena, which in medieval times ran from England, France and Switzerland all the way down through Italy to Rome. You can walk or cycle along the route and also take in some of the local historical religious sights like the Sanctuary of Madonna di Pancole, READ MORE