No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agroturismo farm stays, vineyard hotels & rural retreats in South West France! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com
- Château de Labro is a luxury B&B vineyard hotel & spa near the town, and international airport, of Rodez in what is now known as the Occitanie region of France, formerly Midi-Pyrénées. The property is a 16th century château that oozes elegance and old world class both inside and out. The food, and the wine, is fantastic and outside there are some beautiful gardens, vineyards and a swimming pool. One little novelty of the place is that they also have a luxury treehouse among the orchard trees in which you can spend the night (Look out for it on the booking page!). THE ACCOMMODATION: The above mentioned treehouse is the most popular option which is usually booked out well in advance. It’s quite a thing, more like a luxury double studio apartment than a classic treehouse, it even has a chandelier for example. A lot of people though may prefer to stay in the actual château which has marvelously romantic rooms, with four poster beds and antique furniture. Most of the rooms are doubles but they also have a family room to sleep up to four and a self catering apartment which can also sleep up to four. All of the accommodation is of the very highest quality, it is a luxury hotel after all, but what separates Château de Labro from most is the beautifully old fashioned decor. It feels a little like stepping back in time, in a good way, especially in the bedrooms, where even the modern touches are consistently tasteful. The food at the chateau is a highlight, always in season and local as much as possible, and they have a suitably good wine list. It is a vineyard hotel after all and so produces its own Clos Labro, a white made from the 6 varieties of grape grown on site; Muscat Petit Grain, Petit Manseng, Colombard, Chardonnay and Viognier. It is not a commercial wine by any means, which makes it quite special; the vineyards are small, producing only 1500 bottles a year, and so the only place you can enjoy Clos Labro is actually at Château de Labro! You can relax around the gardens and READ MORE
- Near Bergarac, and the lovely village of Beaumont-du-Périgord, Aquitaine, France, Farm Stay Chambre d’Hotes Cugnac has spacious comfortable rooms with private bathrooms in a traditional French farmhouse with large gardens and an outdoor swimming pool. The farm is organic and produces a range of fruit, vegetables and honey, as well as keeping horses, ponies and hens. Every morning the friendly owners serve a great organic breakfast and for the rest of the day you can go exploring the adjacent woods, cycling around the country roads (bikes can be hired from the farm) or just relaxing in the gardens. The farm stay is under two hour’s drive from Bordeaux, about an hour from Perigueux, half an hour from Bergerac and about ten minutes from Beaumont-du-Périgord. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Superb continental breakfast completely sourced from the garden run by lovely helpful family…Kind and helpful with local knowledge. Nothing is too much trouble .Woody the dog is especially friendly at meal times. The property covers several acres full of wildlife….” “This is an amazing property and the ideal place to relax and enjoy a break. There is a lot to visit in the surroundings. The room was very spacious, clean and renovated offering a lot of storage space. The breakfast was all fresh with many homemade products and served on the terrace….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CHAMBRE D’HOTES CUGNAC: READ MORE
- La Noyeraie is a cosy, charming farm stay B&B near the UNESCO World Heritage village of Rocamadour in the green hills of the Eastern Dordogne, France. THE ACCOMMODATION: It offers a nice range of suites, rooms and self catering studios all with private bathroom and every morning they serve a great French breakfast in the farmhouse dining room, or weather permitting, on the terrace. Good wholesome home cooked evening meals are available too and they offer a great selection of local organic wines to go with them. The farmhouse is surrounded by 9 peaceful acres of orchard groves, woodland and walnut trees. The owners of La Noyeraie make their own walnut products like walnut biscuits, walnut cakes and walnut oil, which you can sample at the farmhouse as well as buy to take home. They are very enthusiastic about food generally, from harvest to table, and not just their own; they are very knowledgeable about local food and wine and they have a small farm shop where you can also buy other local delicacies to take home; pâté, duck confit and much more. As mentioned previously they also offer a selection of quality locally sourced Cahors wines; reds, whites and rosé as well as the classic Malbec ‘black wine’, all of which you can also buy at the farm shop. THE LOCATION: La Noyeraie is beside the famous cliffside pilgrimage site of Rocamadour, one of the Dordogne’s and France’s most picture perfect towns, and an important place for over 1000 years. The also picturesque and historic town of Sarlat is nearby too, and there are many more beautiful and equally historic little places to explore. The countryside in between too provides constant reminders as to how the Dordogne became one of Europe’s most popular regions for rural tourism. Ramblers and hikers may know that Rocamadour was on the traditional route of the St. James’ Way or Santiago de Compostela on its long and winding way towards Galicia in Spain. There are a few different versions of the route but Le Puy Route which passes through Figeac and Rocamadour before moving onwards through Cahors is the most well known, and the most scenic. Between Cahors READ MORE
- This 19th-century château, near Carcassone, has a variety of lovely rustic style, self catering accommodation on a famous Languedoc winery with nearly 300 acres of vineyards and olive groves. Their wines are highly prized and they do a full program of wine tourism activities; tours of the vineyards and wine cellars, tasting sessions etc., but even if you have very little interest in such things Château Canet is still a very pleasant, sociable place to stay with a lovely peaceful setting and plenty to do and see both around the estate and in the surrounding area. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great range of accommodation on offer, mainly cottages but with some small apartments too. All are very charming, comfortable and clean and come in various sizes, with the largest covering 250 m² and which can sleep up to eight comfortably. Check your options on the booking page here. The accommodation mixes rustic and modern styles well, and generally doesn’t stray too far from the traditional French farmhouse look. They are comfortable, homely and well equipped and there is plenty of outside seating, dining and lounging space plus BBQ facilities, a swimming pool, tennis courts, a boules court and a playground for the kids. Beyond the gardens there are some small sections of farmland and woodland but the estate is mainly comprised of vineyards and olive groves. Château Canet is very well known in the region and has won numerous awards for both wine and olive oil with their Minervois (an AOC in this area of Languedoc-Roussillon) being a mixture of whites reds and rosé. Olive oil tasting sessions and educational tours are available as well as a full program of wine tourism activities. THE LOCATION: The chateau is very near Carcassone, just 15km from the city centre in fact, and so makes a good base for enjoying the spectacular fortress city while also avoiding much of the daily tourist hordes. The accommodation is self catering and shopping for food supplies etc. can also of course be done there. The charming little town of Trèbes is less than five minutes away too, and is a good place to arrange a READ MORE
- Chateau Monteil is a stunning private chateau for rent in the beautiful Dordogne region of Aquitaine, France, near the medieval town of Sarlat la Caneda and close to the famous Lascaux Caves. THE ACCOMMODATION: It’s an extremely spacious property that can sleep up to twenty people quite happily. It has a total of six bedrooms and suites with varying number of beds (check on the booking page), five bathrooms, a large lounge which includes a snooker table and TV, a very well equipped kitchen and outside some nicely tended gardens and terraces which include a heated swimming pool surrounded by sun loungers. The friendly owners of Chateau Monteil live very nearby and will always be on hand should you have any issues. Their farm is beside the chateau and there you can admire their flock of rare and unusual Cameron Sheep, as well as their friendly free range hens. The owners are excellent cooks too and if needs be they can also supply you with some quality food. For breakfast you can order some freshly baked croissants, baguettes, pan au chocolat & pan aux raisins for example, and in the evenings treat yourself to a fantastic 6 course home cooked meal featuring local delicacies, and where dietary limitations can be cared for with a bit of advanced notice. A supply of some fine wines can be ordered too, with the latest wine list from local suppliers always at your disposal. THE LOCATION: The Dordogne Valley is a famously beautiful region, one of France’s most beautiful in fact and has long enchanted cultured tourists from around the world with its deep green countryside, charming villages and wonderful food and wine. The chateau itself is in the Eastern Dordogne, in the cute little hamlet of Calviac en Perigord which is just over a kilometer from the Dordogne River and about 15 minutes from the gorgeous medieval town of Sarlat-la-Canéda. It will of course be very tempting to stay around the enormous comfort of the chateau for the duration of your stay but there is also so much to see and do in the surrounds. Beyond leisurely tours around the country roads or equally leisurely READ MORE
- This lovely farmhouse B&B in Southern Aquitaine, France, has a beautiful setting in the foothills of the Pyrenees, just 15 km from Oloron-Sainte-Marie. All its comfortable rooms have private bathroom and come with mountain views. The common lounge area is comfortable and cosy with an open fireplace and dining room and outside they have a lovely large garden with a terrace and a swimming pool. They serve a very nice, mainly organic, French breakfast at La Ferme aux Sangliers, and you can also arrange meals to be prepared by the friendly owners from the farm’s own produce. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing host! Fabulous location and accommodation. We loved it. We will be back again….” “Lovely views. Interesting to meet a couple who appear to be totally self-sufficient….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LA FERME AUX SANGLIERS: READ MORE
- This lovely little Dordogne farm gite is near the town of Perigueux, Aquitaine, and between the cities of Bordeaux and Limoges. It has a very nice self catering mobile cottage on its small farm which contains a range of interesting animals; pheasants, peacocks, Alpacas, Vietnamese mini pigs, ponies, goats and geese. The mobile home has two double bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with two singles and there is also a sofa bed/futon in the lounge. There is a well equipped kitchenette too, a private bathroom and an outside wooden terrace with furniture and barbecue facilities. The main attraction at this farm stay are the animals though with the Vietnamese mini pigs especially being very popular with guests. They’re not just there for show though, they are actually specially trained to hunt for truffles, and guests are always welcome to join the numerous truffle hunts in the surrounding woodland. There is WiFi at the property and if you don’t feel like cooking, for an extra fee you can order a good breakfast at the farmhouse, as well as plenty other food throughout the day including some really excellent gourmet sandwiches. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful surrounding countryside and so peaceful….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LE FERME DE VIGNES: READ MORE
- In the heart of South West France’s Saint-Émilion vineyard country, about a half and hour from Bordeaux, Le Pavillon Villemaurine provides luxury B&B accommodation in a classically elegant Château surrounded by fields of vine. Their rustic rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable with en-suite bathroom with bath, flat screen TV with cable channels and WiFi throughout the building. Their breakfast is suitably excellent too with smoked salmon, various pastries and fresh fruit etc. available, but the main attraction of this hotel is the wine. The owner is extremely knowledgeable on the subject, and equally enthusiastic, and as well as making a few wines of his own on the premises he can also arrange some very good wine tours in the surrounding area. Le Pavillon Villemaurine sells out fast so you’re advised to book well ahead! And sorry, but no children or pets. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is one of the nicest properties that we have stayed in over the last few years travelling around various parts of Europe….” “We loved everything about our stay! The beds were SOO comfy! Breakfast was delicious! Beautiful decor! and we loved our hosts!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LE PAVILLON VILLEMAURINE: READ MORE
- La Closerie de Fronsac is a delightful 17th century manor house-vineyard hotel in a peaceful location near Bordeaux and the Dordogne River. There is a charmingly old fashioned feel to the property; it is cosy and quaint, and has the unmistakeable elegance of a bygone era. The area, Fronsac, is very much the heart of Bordeaux’s Right Bank, one of France’s, and the world’s, premier wine producing regions and you’ll also find their own wines superb. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of double and twin, en-suite, B&B rooms, all of them cosy and warm, with touches of art deco and art nouveau styles and lots of nice little bits and pieces of antique furniture and ornaments. Obvious modern touches are hard to spot, and though some may find the interiors a little quirky it does allow you to wake up in the morning and not quite know which decade, or which century, you find yourself in. Whatever about the styling, it is high level accommodation and the rooms are all extremely clean and comfortable. The house itself is imposing and grand, built of cream coloured stone and surrounded by flower beds, lawns and of course the vineyards. There is plenty of common space to enjoy inside the house, a very nice lounge area with fireplace for example and an outdoor terrace. You’ll find the breakfast excellent and the hosts charming and friendly who are very knowledgeable about the Fronsac region and its wines. They have been producing wine at La Closerie de Fronsac for three centuries now and to this day it is made in the very atmospheric cellar with ancient walls of stone and earth. Guests are free to wander the vineyards and enjoy tasting sessions and of course buy some bottles to take home. THE LOCATION: The location, just outside the town of Libourne, on Bordeaux’s Right Bank, is obviously fantastic for lovers of Bordeaux wine, with a huge amount of top vineyards and wineries around. The owners at Le Closerie de Fronsac can guide you in where to go for the best wine tourism and some other sights too. The countryside, with the famous River Dordogne just down READ MORE