No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- The consistently highly rated Agroturismo Vinha do Gaio is an organic, family-run, farm stay just north of Lagos & Portimao on Portugal’s western Algarve coast. It lies on the slopes of the Monchique Mountains and there are some tremendous views of the surrounding countryside and the sea in the distance from Portimão to Sagres. The farm has sheep, donkeys, fruit orchards, and vegetable and herb gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have six B&B rooms in the uniquely designed, eco-friendly, farmhouse. There are a few rustic touches but generally the interiors are that of a quality modern hotel. Their rooms are clean and comfortable and they all come with a little outside terrace from which to enjoy those lovely views. You’ll be treated to a great fresh Portuguese breakfast in the morning and you are welcome to tour the farm where the friendly owners will be on hand to show you around. Overall it is a place to relax and recharge; the surroundings are beautifully peaceful and the place has an isolated feel. There is a little village within walking distance though, called Casais, which has a couple of shops and a friendly local bar. There are no restaurants there though the bar can provide snacks and the agroturismo owners can also provide evening meals if given a bit of notice. THE LOCATION: It is just beside the above-mentioned village of Casais and north of Portimão and Lagos in the hinterland of the western Algarve. About ten minutes away by car along the winding mountain roads, there is the pretty market town of Monchique, which like the agriturismo is also in the Serra de Monchique, the forested mountain range which separates the Alentejo from the Algarve. There is some great hiking to be done around here with some great views to be enjoyed of the plains and the sea to the south, and to the west; over the peaceful, nature-filled, Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina. The journey from Portimão should take less than half an hour with Lagos being a little more. The nearest international airport is Faro, just over an hour away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Antonio was READ MORE
- Just outside Portimão, in the rural hinterland of the Algarve, Portugal, Burro Ville farmstay is a wonderfully peaceful escape from the region’s busy coastline, with comfortable accommodation on its working cattle and donkey farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a number of cosy self-catering cottages, all with a kitchen and a lounge and dining area with flat-screen cable TV and WiFi. Outside there’s a patio and on the spacious lawns, you’ll find a nice swimming pool. And though it’s self-catering, a very good breakfast is provided every morning and is included in the rate. THE FARM: The farm has both cattle and donkeys, but when it comes to agritourism the main attraction is definitely the donkeys. All of them are of the Mirandesa breed; they are native to the Terra de Miranda region of northeastern Portugal and are wonderfully placid, friendly companions. They are ideal for donkey rides and this can be arranged to explore the farm and the surrounding area. There is plenty of opportunity for hiking and cycling in the local area too, just ask at the farm for advice and recommendations, and the friendly owners can also arrange child minding services for an extra fee. THE LOCATION: The farm stay offers peace and quiet but is still within easy reach of the Algarve. It’s just 17km from Rocha Beach, one of the Algarve’s most popular, while the Algarve International Racing Track is just 4km away. Faro airport is 80km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The staff are so helpful and very knowledgeable about the area. The scenery is amazing and it is so quiet I had the best night sleep in ages….” “We loved to be immersed in the beautiful spring landscape and the possibilities to get the kids so close to all the animals. The swimming pool design, slightly lifted above the ground, was perfect to be able to relax on the lawn while the kids (1yr and 5yr) were playing safely around…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BURRO VILLE: READ MORE
- Quinta Do Mel Agroturismo is a peaceful and tranquil rural retreat near Portugal’s Algarve coast, and within easy reach of the cities of Albufeira and Faro. THE ACCOMMODATION: The farm stay can offer a self-catering apartment plus a range of B&B rooms. All the rooms are super comfortable and clean and come with air-con, WiFi, TV, a private bathroom, and under-floor heating, while the self-catering two-bedroom apartment has all that plus a spacious lounge and kitchen. Outside there is a swimming pool in the gardens and plenty of space to relax with a seating area and sun loungers. THE FARM: There is an extensive eco-friendly organic farm at Quinta do Mel which breeds sheep and grows cork, fruits, vegetables and herbs and is now in its fourth generation of family ownership. The owners are enthusiastic about organic and eco-friendly farming techniques and are always happy to show guests around. They serve a great breakfast which is available at any time, and other good food and snacks can also be ordered throughout the day, many of the ingredients of which come straight from the farm including their own homemade herbal teas and jams. THE LOCATION: Though very near Albufeira, Faro and the tourist masses of the Algarve, the farm stay and its immediate surroundings are very much peacefully rural. Most visitors never get to see this side of the Algarve but those that do find it a rich experience. The area, between the coast and the mountains of the north, is known as the Baroccal and it is classic Portuguese farming country with small white-walled villages, rocky hills, fruit orchards, and rolling plains of cork, olive, and almond trees. The village of Alte is a nice example, and it’s just a short drive north of the farm stay. It has a nice setting in the foothills of the Serra do Caldeirão mountains, is known for the little springs (fontes) that run through the village, and makes for a nice day out with plenty of cute cafes and small shops to visit. Having a car or a bike is a good idea in this area as public transport isn’t very widespread and both bike and READ MORE
- Casa de Cacela is a nicely relaxed farm hotel in Vila Nova de Cacela, Portugal, just minutes from the Algarve coast, with a range of B&B rooms among the fruit orchards and vegetable gardens which produce oranges, almonds, plums, loquats, and more. THE ACCOMMODATION: The comfortable rooms all come with private bathroom, satellite TV, and WiFi. There is also room service and guests can enjoy a drink at the hotel bar and lounge. And their breakfast is terrific, full of wholesome local produce some of which, like their great homemade jams, are made with ingredients straight from their farm. It has an outdoor swimming pool too in the gardens surrounded by sun loungers or you can rest under the shade of a tree in one of the hammocks. And guests can also arrange horse riding trips around the local area or rent bikes direct from the farm. THE LOCATION: Casa de Cacela is 50 kilometers from Faro International Airport, just 15 minutes from Tavira town centre, and is close to numerous good local golf courses. There are a few good beaches very nearby too; Manta Rota Beach and Terra Estreita Beach, for example, are both just under 3 kilometers away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Charming in every way. Location, gardens and pool, architecture, decor, attention to detail. Friendly and laid back atmosphere...” “Lovely relaxing week at this beautiful peaceful location – well recommended!! ” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CASA DE CACELA: READ MORE
- Vila Monte is a luxury farm hotel near Faro in the Algarve, Portugal. It’s only about 20 minute’s drive from Faro International Airport and around the same from the beautiful lagoons of the Ria Formosa National Park. Their restaurant is especially very highly rated, and all dishes are made with, wherever possible, the freshest local ingredients including herbs and fruits from the property’s own gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: All its elegant rooms and suites are super comfortable and inviting, with private bathroom, minibar, flat-screen cable TV, and WiFi, and the suites also come with a living room and terrace. There is plenty to occupy you in the rest of the property too, with extensive gardens, two swimming pools, a bar, a restaurant, a library, and a grocery store/farm shop. THE LOCATION: There’s a lot to see and do near the farm stay, the Algarve beaches are of course popular but there are also the stunning lagoons of Ria Formosa less than twenty minutes away. These lagoons have an enormous population of birds, including the famous pink flamingos, as well as such rare and exotic creatures as chameleons, seahorses, and the endangered Portuguese water dog. A whole range of activities can be arranged from the front desk including yoga, hydro fitness classes, visits to local markets with the chef, horse riding, fishing, trekking, boat trips, and free car and boat shuttle services to the beaches of nearby Fuseta Island. And in summer you can catch a movie at their on-site outdoor cinema. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “ The place is in the middle of nowhere, but it a very beautiful resort, with pools, restaurants. Service was very good, people caring and very kind. Food is excellent at the restaurant of the resort. And the trip to the beach by boat was awesome. We loved the place and would have really enjoyed to stay much longer. I highly recommend the place….” “The property is beautifully presented from the long gravel drive leading up to the main house to the sleeping accommodations, gardens and pools. The room was exceptionally spacious and well equipped. Service was exceptional from a team that visibly enjoyed working together. READ MORE