No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Just outside Portimão, in the rural hinterland of the Algarve, Portugal, Burro Ville farmstay is a wonderfully peaceful escape from the region’s busy coastline, with comfortable accommodation on its working cattle and donkey farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a number of cosy self catering cottages, all with a kitchen and a lounge and dining area with flat screen cable TV and WiFi. Outside there’s a patio and on the spacious lawns you’ll find a nice swimming pool. And though it’s self catering, a very good breakfast is provided every morning and is included in the rate. THE FARM: The farm has both cattle and donkeys, but when it comes to agritourism the main attraction are definitely the donkeys: All of them are of the Mirandesa breed; they are native to the Terra de Miranda region of north eastern Portugal and are wonderfully placid, friendly companions. They are ideal for donkey rides and this can be arranged to explore the farm and the surrounding area. There is plenty of opportunity for hiking and cycling in the local area too, just ask at the farm for advice and recommendations, and the friendly owners can also arrange child minding services for an extra fee. THE LOCATION: The farm stay offers peace and quiet but is still within easy reach of the Algarve. It’s just 17km from Rocha Beach, one of the Algarve’s most popular, while the Algarve International Racing Track is just 4km away. Faro airport is 80km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The staff are so helpful and very knowledgeable about the area. The scenery is amazing and it is so quiet I had the best night sleep in ages….” “We loved to be immersed in the beautiful spring landscape and the possibilities to get the kids so close to all the animals. The swimming pool design, slightly lifted above the ground, was perfect to be able to relax on the lawn while the kids (1yr and 5yr) were playing safely around…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BURRO VILLE: READ MORE
- The consistently highly rated Agroturismo Vinha do Gaio is an organic, family run, farm stay just north of Lagos & Portimao on Portugal’s western Algarve coast. It lies on the slopes of the Monchique Mountains and there are some tremendous views of the surrounding countryside and the sea in the distance from Portimão to Sagres. The farm has sheep, donkeys, fruit orchards and vegetable and herb gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have six B&B rooms in the uniquely designed, eco-friendly, farmhouse. There are a few rustic touches but generally the interiors are that of a quality modern hotel. Their rooms are clean and comfortable and they all come with a little outside terrace from which to enjoy those lovely views. You’ll be treated to a great fresh Portuguese breakfast in the morning and you are welcome to tour the farm where the friendly owners will be on hand to show you around. Overall it is a place to relax and recharge; the surroundings are beautifully peaceful and the place has an isolated feel. There is a little village within walking distance though, called Casais, which a couple of shops and a friendly local bar. There are no restaurants there though the bar can provide snacks and the agroturismo owners can also provide evening meals if given a bit of notice. THE LOCATION: It is just beside the above mentioned village of Casais and north of Portimão and Lagos in the hinterland of the western Algarve. About ten minutes away by car along the winding mountain roads there is a the pretty market town of Monchique, which like the agroturismo is also in the Serra de Monchique, the forested mountain range which separates the Alentejo from the Algarve. There is some great hiking to be done around here with some great views to be enjoyed of the plains and the sea to the south, and to the west; over the peaceful, nature filled, Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina. The journey from Portimão should take less than a half an hour with Lagos being a little more. The nearest international airport is Faro, just over an hour away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The house is beautifully READ MORE
- Casa de Cacela is a very relaxing farmstay hotel in Vila Nova de Cacela, Portugal, just minutes from the Algarve coast, and has a range of B&B rooms among the fruit orchards and vegetable gardens which produce oranges, almonds, plums, loquats and many mor THE ACCOMMODATION: The comfortable rooms all come with private bathroom, satellite TV and WiFi. There is also room service and guests can enjoy a drink at the hotel bar and lounge. And their breakfast is terrific, full of wholesome local produce some of which, like their great home-made jams, are made with ingredients straight from their farm. It has an outdoor swimming pool too in the gardens surrounded by sun loungers or you can rest under the shade of a tree in one of the hammocks. And guests can also arrange horse riding trips around the local area or rent bikes direct from the farm. THE LOCATION: Casa de Cacela is 50 kilometres from Faro International Airport, just 15 minutes from Tavira town centre and is close to numerous good local golf courses. There are a few good beaches very nearby too; Manta Rota Beach and Terra Estreita Beach for example are both just under 3 kilometres away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Charming in every way. Location, gardens and pool, architecture, decor, attention to detail. Friendly and laid back atmosphere...” “Lovely relaxing week at this beautiful peaceful location – well recommended!! ” Click here to read more of what other guests say. READ MORE
- This lovely organic farm stay is just 6km from the beaches of Lagos, Algarve, Portugal, and has B&B accommodation in an early 19th-century traditional Portuguese farmhouse. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rustic style rooms are all hotel standard; clean, comfortable and spacious with en-suite bathroom and flat screen satellite TV. Most rooms have also a balcony or a terrace giving nice views of the nearby Algarve hills, and the Monchique Mountains to the north. There is a very good restaurant at the farmhouse too which serves up a range of organic Algarvian and Portuguese specialities, some of the ingredients of which come fresh from the farm, and on some summer evenings they also organize barbecues and traditional Portuguese ‘churrasco’ evenings in the garden. THE FARM: The farmhouse is surrounded by extensive, beautifully tended gardens and a small organic farm which has horses, goats and pigs, as well as various vegetables and over twenty different types of herb. Much of the farm produce ends up in the above mentioned excellent organic restaurant. There is a natural botanical swimming pool there too, and all around you’ll find plenty of space for sunbathing and outdoor dining. TTHE LOCATION: Though just 6km from some of the Algarve’s most popular beaches the immediate area around the farm stay is peaceful and rural. You’ll find the village of Odiaxere like all the small villages in the area to be slow paced and traditional, and with a whole different character to the mass tourist resorts of the coast. Horse riding trips around the countryside, plus various other excursions and tours, can be arranged at the Quinta. The nearest airport is Faro, 85 kilometres away, and transfers to and from there can also be arranged. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Vibrant colours, peaceful vibes. Close to nature, great for escaping the urban life yet close enough to the city center….” “Very pleasant stay, very silent and relaxing, nice location, exceptional breakfast!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT QUINTA DAS BARRADAS: READ MORE
- This very popular organic & eco-friendly farm stay is just outside the city of Lagos on Portugal’s Algarve coast, with the nearest beach, Meia Praia, just four kilometres away while Faro airport is about 60 km. The farm produces a large range of organic fruit and vegetables in the fields and gardens, which you can buy for cooking at one of their self catering cottages, all of which come with a fully equipped kitchen, a lounge area with a flat screen TV, and a double bedroom and bathroom. They also have a small terrace at the front and outdoor seating space overlooking the gardens and the surrounding countryside. Apart from the beaches of the Algarve, the area around Quinta das Seis Marias is great for exploring; you’ll find plenty of places to go hiking and cycling, and you can hire bikes for free straight from the farm. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful environment and comfortable accommodation. Able to pick herbs, tomatoes etc. right outside the front door….” “Fantastic! The hospitality, the place, the breakfast. It was amazing. They are doing everything to make it comfortable for you. Quiet place, close to the beach and the city….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT QUINTA DAS SEIS MARIAS: READ MORE