No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Hospederia La Era is a boutique, eco-friendly, hotel surrounded by olive groves in the village of Almedinilla, near to both Cordoba and Granada, as well as the Costa del Sol, in Andalucia, Spain. It gets rave reviews from guests for its tranquil, peaceful location, its excellent organic food and the warmth, friendliness and enthusiasm of its owners. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of nicely decorated and styled rooms and suites, all of which are bright, modern and clean but retain a pleasant rustic, Andalusian farmhouse vibe, with wood beamed ceilings, antique furniture and traditional tiles alongside the air-con, flat screen TV & WiFi. They all have a seating area too, with the two level suite’s being downstairs from the bedroom. You’ll find the bathrooms in all of them particularly nice; traditional style, with coloured tiles and appealing designer sinks. Outside there are the gardens and olive groves, you’ll find a terrace, a swimming pool on the lawns with hammocks and loungers, and plenty of space for relaxing, dining and socializing, and lovely views all around. They have their own wine cellar here and the wine, and more especially the food, is a highlight. The owners have a flair for cooking and serve up some great breakfasts and evening meals using their own, and locally produced, organic and eco-friendly ingredients as much as possible. They are particularly enthusiastic about their extra virgin olive oil and can offer tasting sessions while also teaching you a bit about what goes in to its production. Note: No children and no pets allowed! THE LOCATION: Around the farm and the cute, very Andalusian, village of Almedinilla, there are olive groves, oak trees and swaths of Mediterranean forest all around the rocky hills. It is a charming area, and will appeal greatly to nature lovers. Just 14 km away is the Sierras Subbéticas Nature Reserve, a wonderfully wild place full of interesting plant and animal life and some superb hiking. You can drive there if you have transport or if you like set off on one of the free bikes on offer at the Hospederia. The nearest major city is Granada, a little less than an READ MORE
- Cuevas del Pino is an agroturismo farm stay near Cordoba, Andalusia, Spain, which has some lovely quaint and rustic self catering cottages on its 60 acre organic farm. It also has the added intrigue of being set around an old stone quarry which has cave systems to explore and a cave house for overnight stays. The setting is quite unique and though just minutes from Cordoba city centre it is gorgeously peaceful. The hosts are friendly and charming and you’ll find a creative, bohemian vibe about with lots of activities to be enjoyed from yoga and meditation to photography and painting workshops, as well as various low key events; musical performances, micro theatre and film showings. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of four cottages, two of them are one double bedroom and two of them two bedroom, with the latter being able to sleep up to five people. They are all charmingly rustic and traditional in style, and with some nice antique furniture and art pieces decorating the space. They are also very clean and comfortable and with modern facilities. You’ll find a well equipped kitchen, a lounge area, and outside a nice private terrace area with tables, chairs and sun loungers. The most unique of the accommodation choices is of course the cave house. A clever bit of architecture, it is, as the name suggests, a cottage built in to a cave, with solid rock for (most of) the walls and ceilings. The design is that of an open plan loft and is super spacious and stylish. Though all the accommodation is of a high standard and thoroughly charming the cave house is understandably the most popular and so be sure to book well ahead of time. Outside there are some nicely tended gardens and an outdoor swimming pool with plenty of space for relaxing. Beyond that there is the farm, an organic, eco-friendly project that grows a variety of fruits and vegetables including beet-root and sweet corn. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is conveniently near Cordoba, a popular destination for tourists in Andalusia and one which rivals Granada for its rich Moorish history and heritage. By car the journey READ MORE
- In the tiny village of Mairena within Granada’s Sierra Nevada Park, Andalucia, Spain, Las Chimeneas farmstay has a mixture of B&B and self-catering accommodation in a lovingly decorated village house full of antiques and traditional furniture. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a selection of B&B rooms at the main house plus three adjoining self catering apartments, one of which is two bedrooms, the others both one bedroom. There is an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens, and throughout the property the views of the surrounding countryside are superb, with the surrounding Sierra de Gador and Sierra Contaviesa mountains and the coast far off in the distance to the south. The meals here are excellent, the English owners are food enthusiasts and collect much of the ingredients from their own small organic farm. They serve a great and varied breakfast every morning at the informal on site restaurant plus evening meals too. Guests can watch their food being cooked if they like and get lessons on how to make some traditional Alpujarran (the local region) recipes come to life. THE FARM: Their small farm is just outside the village, has a stream running through it, and contains various fruits and vegetables; olives, almonds, cherries, oranges and apricots, as well as some wild grape vines. Guests are of course welcome to explore the farm, to visit and relax or if they like give a hand with collecting some of the produce. You can also learn a little about making local cheeses, soups, soaps and olive oil during informal demonstrations, plus yoga classes and ‘foraging mornings’, where a local guide can show you the best spots around the village for sourcing wild thyme, fennel, asparagus and mushrooms that you can bring back to cook with later. THE LOCATION: The tiny, isolated, village of Mairena is a wonderful find for anyone looking to experience typically slow paced Andalucian village life. You’ll find it absolutely a world away from the tourist zones of the coast. As mentioned above it’s also within the Sierra Nevada, so you’ll also find some world class hiking and mountain biking as well as bird watching, and the owners are always on READ MORE
- Tambor Del Llano is a lovely farmstay on an organic, eco-friendly farm in Grazalema, Spain, a small village hidden away in the Andalucian mountains between Cadiz and Malaga, and just north of Marbella. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of very clean and comfortable rooms, ten in total, all with a patio, terrace or balcony and free WiFi, and there is access to a shared lounge with TV and the on-site restaurant which serves some very good local food. Feel free to explore the farm where there are Merino sheep and some of the world famous Andalucian horses. There is a lot of local flora to be seen too; wild olive, oak and cork trees, lavender, laburnum and thyme plants to name but a few. THE LOCATION: The farmstay itself is in the Parque National de la Sierra de Grazelema, which is a gorgeously wild and scenic part of Andalucia. You’ll find some great hiking trails around here as well as rock climbing, and horse riding trips can be arranged from the farm. The nearest city (and airport) is Marbella, about an hour and a half drive to the south, while Andalucia’s biggest city, Seville, is about two hours north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Absolutely gorgeous surroundings, super friendly staff, stylish interior. A real gem in the otherwise rustic accommodation space in the area. Would return in an instant!…” “Everything was amazing! The house is located in the incredibly beautiful natural reserve. Room was clean and comfortable with the balcony facing the greenery and mountains. Stunning view from the terrace. Excellent dinner. The horse ride was such a pleasure – the horses are very calm, picturesque trails, friendly guide. Perfect place to stay some days and explore the trails and villages of Grazalema Park on foot or by car. Helpful and friendly stuff. Definitely would like to return….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT TAMBOR DEL LLANO: READ MORE
- Near to both Seville & Cordoba but very much in the wilds of northern Andalucia, Spain, this charming farm stay has a variety of rooms and suites on a working organic farm with an outdoor swimming pool. It offers horse riding lessons too and has ready access to some of Europe’s most enchanting landscapes including the beautiful Sierra Norte de Sevilla Nature Reserve. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of rooms; both doubles and triples as well as a larger double suite. And all of the rooms are spacious and clean and come with with private bathroom, WiFi, air conditioning, and heating. There is also a very nice outdoor terrace with barbecue facilities and of course the swimming pool. And the owners can provide a very good breakfast every morning for a small extra charge which includes some of the farm’s own organic produce. THE FARM: The main attraction at the farmtay are the horses; they train horses here and can provide horse riding lessons to guests as well as horse riding tours in the surrounding area. It’s not just horses though, they have an orchard and vegetable plots and they also keep sheep goats, hens and a peacock, and guests are welcome to meet all of them. THE LOCATION: The surroundings; the Sierra Norte de Sevilla Nature Reserve is a truly spectacular region full of old European wildlife that have been pushed to, or towards, extinction in most other parts of the continent: Imperial eagles, black vultures, black storks, mongeese, wolves and wild boar to name but a few. There are some great hiking trails around, and mountain biking and horse riding can be arranged through the farmhouse. More lively guests can go climbing on the Cerro del Hierro, exploring underwater caves in the reserve’s many gorges or watersports at the El Pintado reservoir The area has what’s know as a Starlight Certification, which is to say that such is the lack of artificial light in this remote region that the stars at night seem to shine extra brightly, as bright almost as they would have done thousands of years ago. If you’ve spent most of your life READ MORE
- Hacienda de San Rafael, Andalucia, is a luxury agroturismo rural retreat between Seville and Jerez and close to the pleasant beaches of the Costa de la Luz. A boutique hotel in a restored 450 year old Hacienda farmhouse, it has rustic charm in abundance, but doesn’t forgo modern comforts or facilities. It has three swimming pools, two bars and a tremendous restaurant. The gardens are suitably beautiful with lush lawns and flower beds shaded by giant palm trees. And it also has a little organic garden farm from where it gets much of the ingredients for its highly rated food. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of rooms and suites, or what they call rooms and suites, as a more appropriate description would be suites and larger suites. All of the rooms are very spacious, over 40m² in fact, and all of them come with a separate sitting area and an outside verandah/terrace area. The suites are enormous really; a full 120m² in total. They are in the form of individual thatched cottages with their own private garden & terrace area, and an infinity pool to be shared with guests of the other suites. You’ll find both the rooms and the suites to be beautifully appointed, with a nice mix of antique furniture, art works and design touches that preserve the rustic ambience of an Andalusian farmhouse. The bathrooms are marble or slate and all have showers and separate bathtubs. The Hacienda exudes an old fashioned glamour but you can expect hotel facilities alongside the rustic decor; air con, WiFi, flat screen satellite TV etc. As mentioned above, there are two bars at the property and a restaurant which serves up some outstanding seasonal Andalusian food much of the ingredients of which; herbs, fruits and vegetables, come fresh from the organic garden farm outside. You can start the day with a generous fresh breakfast, sample some tapas later and then enjoy a full multi course evening meal with unlimited wine to end the day with. You can choose to dine outside on the terrace or around the swimming pool in the gardens if you wish. Various relaxation treatments, massage, aromatherapy, reflexology and READ MORE
- La Bobadilla Luxury Agroturismo, near to both Granada and the Costa del Sol, Spain, looks, from a distance, like a classic, white washed village tucked away in the hills of Andalusia. Up close all is revealed; a Moorish style palace and a series of old manor farmhouse buildings converted into what is now undoubtedly one of the best luxury hotels in rural Andalusia. The property is gorgeous, the setting equally so, and there is a great range of activities to be enjoyed on its 1000 acre estate; there is an excellent spa, a swimming pool, a gym, a children’s playground, tennis courts, hot tubs, two bars, and three restaurants, one of which is consistently rated as one of Granada’s best. THE ACCOMMODATION: As you’ll see on the booking page, there is a huge range of rooms and suites to choose from, all of which are top of the range luxury. You can expect spacious, individually styled units with wood beamed ceilings, seating areas with plasma TVs & DVD players, and very lavish, marble bathrooms some of which have spa bath/hot tub. Outside they also all have some private space, in the form of a garden, terrace or balcony area. The grounds are beautiful, as mentioned, the entire property has the look and feel of a traditional Andalusian village and is a lovely place to wander around, both the ‘Village’ itself, and the 1000 estate on which it stands, with its lush gardens, olive groves and oak woodlands, and its lovely views of the surrounding countryside. You can hire bikes, and quad bikes, from the hotel and arrange horse riding, guided tours etc. If you have the kids in tow and you would like some freedom you can also leave them at the Mini Club, where they will be looked after with games and activities supervised by the staff. Among the three restaurants La Finca is the most famous and offers fine dining in an elegant atmosphere (Dress code alert: no shorts, tee shirts or trainers). It has won several accolades over the years for its seasonal Spanish/Andalusian, mainly organic fare and is Granada Province’s only five star restaurant. There are READ MORE