On the Somerset, Dorset borders, Toomer farm has B&B rooms in its lovely manor house which dates back to Elizabethan times, surrounded by 500 acres of prime farmland, and an adjoining equestrian centre.
The property is steeped in history; it is even rumoured locally that Elizabeth I once stayed here on her travels through the West Country, it is also nearby Thomas Hardy Country, and a stay here feels something like a gentle step back in time.
The have a choice of comfortable B&B rooms which have an old style elegance in keeping with the atmosphere of the property. Outside there are some lovely old walled gardens, carp ponds and a dove cote. You’ll be treated to a fine, traditional English breakfast every morning too in the dining room.
The huge farm these days produces a lot of organic beef and corn. It has horse stables which also date back hundreds of years and the farm itself is sometimes used as a venue for show jumping. Guests can organize horse riding around the farm too and are welcome to bring their own horses, there is good fishing to be enjoyed in the local area and this too can be easily arranged from the farm.
Toomer is just outside the cute village of Henstridge, with the nearest larger town being Sherborne, about 6 miles away. The countryside in this part of England is beautifully idyllic; classic West Country terrain of rolling green hills and sleepy villages.
Blackmore Vale is a lovely place for countryside walks and very close to the farmstay. Nearby too you can find such sights as Sherborne Castle, the spectacular Longleat House and its adjoining Safari Park, plus plenty more, just ask the helpful farmstay owners for advice and recommendations.
The farmstay is also near both the Dorset and Cranborne Chase Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, about 15 minutes from the town of Yeovil, about 45 minutes from Glastonbury, and about an hour from Taunton. Golfers will have a choice of four different courses in the area; at Sherborne, Wincanton Racecourse (also horse racing), Yeovil and Folke.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Sherborne rd., Templecombe
- Farm With Animals
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- The very highly rated Shave Farm is a very pretty 200 year old farmhouse on a working dairy farm just off the A303 near Ilminster and the village of Chard, Somerset. They have a range of very clean and comfortable B&B rooms with private bathroom, flat screen TV and WiFi, and there is a cosy shared lounge downstairs with Read more...
- Near the lovely city of Bath, Ivy Cottage is a very cute and cosy farm cottage stay on a large, Duchy of Cornwall owned, organic farm surrounded by the peaceful green hills of rural North Somerset. THE ACCOMMODATION: The cottage is fully self contained with a kitchen, double/twin bedroom, bathroom, a comfortable lounge area with flat screen TV, DVD player Read more...
- A classic West Country retreat between Taunton and Bridgwater in the heart of beautiful Somerset; Hunstile Organic Farm has a mixture of B&B and self catering accommodation in a wonderfully atmospheric 15th-century farmhouse surrounded by green fields where the friendly owners keep a number of dairy cattle, pigs and around the farmhouse, hens. They also grow vegetables and medicinal herbs Read more...
- This luxury, boutique, organic farmstay has over forty acres of conservation land just outside Bath near where Somerset meets Gloucestershire in the beautiful South Cotswolds. It offers spacious, stylish courtyard accommodation around a beautifully restored old Cotswold manor house and you can expect high standards of comfort and service. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of accommodation from double rooms to Read more...